Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bent coppers !
  • peakmonster
    Free Member

I’m resigning but I’ve done nowt wrong?
    Rupert who ?

stavromuller
    Free Member

How the mighty are fallen! But who’s next? Which polititian will it be. Hmmm?

kimbers

bent mps
    bent bankers
    bent journos
    bent coppers

power corrupts and all that

but will anything ever change?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Call me Dave has to come tumbling down at some point….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m resigning but I’ve done nowt wrong?

It used to be the case that people in high office resigned when there were cock-ups on there watch, whether or not they were directly responsible. With high office/wages, came great responsibility – allegedly.

It has become extremely rare these days. The last notable case for me was Lord Carrington who resigned after Argentina invaded the Falklands. He then became Secretary General of NATO ! ……so it wasn’t all bad then.

bruneep

probably still get a massive payout and pension tho.

peakmonster
    Free Member

Nah I recon vince cable will get caught in dungeon
    with a pool ball in his mouth whilst being pleasured by nick clegg next

kimbers

Surrounded By Zulus – Member
    Call me Dave has to come tumbling down at some point…

it will be interesting to see how hed cope in a post murdoch press britain, but i doubt it will be this particular scandal that will take his scalp.
    still, bet hes stressing his nuts off at the moment

kimbers

peakmonster – Member
    Nah I recon vince cable will get caught in dungeon
    with a pool ball in his mouth whilst being pleasured by nick clegg ne

but the notw is gone who will do the expose
    and quite frankly id rather mps were doing that than fiddling expenses and taking backhanders from media moguls, bankers, arms dealers etc etc

mrmo
    Free Member

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

totalshell

his pension will be a lump sum equal to 4 times his gross salary at time of leaving plus an annual sum of approx 65% of his annual salary or he could take a larger lump sum and smaller annual payments or he can take the lump sum and defer some or all of his annual paymanets either way he aint going to be going to the sally army looking for a roof over his head or a bowl of soup.

duntstick
    Free Member

I think we should have a huge public enquiry, costing the tax-payer millions, spread out over a long period of time, headed up by puppets (job’s for the boys) who don’t ask relevant questions.

Then let them make a statement, saying lesson’s learned and all that, maybe an apology or two here and there.

Seemed to work out OK for the last lot.

Edukator
    Free Member

The findings of the public enquiry will be kept secret for 50 years of course, duntstick.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Given the high level of bullingdon club involvement in this latest resignation, one could be forgiven for suspecting that the copper has been used as a buffer for Dave.

Regarding corruption, anytime you expect a greater degree of morality from your public servants than from the public they serve you are setting yourself up for a fall. Therefore these things should be structurally prevented, i.e the system is self regulating. Expenses supported by receipts style, personal gratuities entirely verboten, so no argument if one is taken you are fired, sort of thing. It needs to be expected that some people will be corrupt, rather than hands be thrown up in horror when it transpires that some are.

MSP

Nothing ever changes, watching some Yes priminister dvd’s recently, I was surprised to see the same kind of scandals and corruption being lampooned then as we are experiencing now.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup, Yes Minister really is quite timeless. I’m surprised it’s not occasionally on repeat.

zokes
    Free Member

I’m surprised it’s not occasionally on repeat.

It’s probably classed as subversive….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bent coppers !’ is closed to new replies.