• This topic has 57 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by timc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Benitez
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Odds on being given the boot within the week ?

I know it's not Anfield's style but FFS!

iDave
    Free Member

let's hope so

nonk
    Free Member

i ended up wanting reading to win. 🙄

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I'm not a sack the manager kind of fan, but even I'm thinking it looks like time to move on…. We really are shocking to watch.

mtbfix

I remember the day Dalgleish packed it in there. They've never been the same since. New blood is required on the pitch as well as the bench IMO.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Mate of mine is looking for a job after parting company with Kilmarnock this week.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I think he's had his day at Liverpool, they need the special one to take over and some new owners while their at it!

pstokes99
    Free Member

he is clearly no longer effective, however I don't think Liverpool have sufficient finances to sack him

jimmy

i hope he stays as long as possible. he's great for merseyside.

spacemonkey

KRAP is all I say.

duckman

I want him to stay, Liverpool fans deserve him.It is car crash telly at Anfield just now,love it!

Haze

I don't think they can afford to sack him 😆

Trekster

It is only a game who cares???

allthepies
    Free Member

I'm sure there are a few people in Liverpool who could arrange for him to "go away" for a grand or two 😆

LMT
    Free Member

I think over time he has had an average record, but recently a blip, im no fan of sack the manager but Mark Hughes is currently free!

Jamie
    Free Member

It is only a game who cares???

It is a cliche, but obviously you, or you would not have posted.

Jenga
    Free Member

New blood is required on the pitch as well as the bench IMO.

Trouble is there's no money. All the funds that could be used to strengthen the team is being diverted to pay the loans that the yanks took out to buy the club. The club effectively bought itself, although when it comes time to sell all the proceeds will be diverted to the land of the free. Have a nice day!

Haze

They should've sold to Morgan when they had the chance.

tails
    Free Member

Well he has won a few cups, and last season league performance was top class. The problem with liverpool is they are having a bit of a newcastle moment, where by all the fans feel they deserve by right to win cups, where as other teams just seem to win cups instead of moaning about them.

AndyP
    Free Member

I'm sure there are a few people in Liverpool who could arrange for him to "go away" for a grand or two

indeed. Gerrard's wife has friends who could sort this, I believe.

snakebite
    Free Member

looking forward to the game Saturday, I'm sure the scousers will be made welcome!

theotherjonv

i ended up wanting reading to win.

Hey! We deserved to win!

Jamie
    Free Member

I was certainly urging Jobi McAnuff to finish what could have been the goal of the year. I reckon he will not be long for Reading playing like that.

nonk
    Free Member

theotherjonv i know you did.
    thats what i mean i would have felt like we had robbed you.
    i know folks moaned about the penalty but ffs we was shit.

theotherjonv

i was terrified first 10 mins – first Mills dumped Torres (and got away with it somehow), then Karacan gets booked for the late one on Steve G – I thought we'd been sent out overpumped and would be getting a lesson like the one Torres gave us in the Carling a couple of years back.

But fair play, once they settled they played pretty well. Was almost like the old days of the Premier League – we know we can't out-football the best sides but by being well organised in defence, counter-attacking at speed, and with quality deliveries from set pieces we troubled a lot of good sides.

nonk
    Free Member

thats about it man.
    it was the fact that all of your players wanted it from start to finish that stood out for me.
    couldnt say that for our lot.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, well done the Royals – I'm a member so they're my second team after the reds. Your lot didn't just want it more, they played like they deserved it too – hope you get a nice long run, but most importantly, I hope you stay in the Championship and make it back up to the Prem soon. I really like how Reading is run – proper local club.

waynekerr
    Free Member

im no fan of sack the manager but Mark Hughes is currently free!

But what has Hughes done to land such a high profile job, he has proved nothing since coming into management. Best signing Hughes ever made was Craig Bellamy.

billybob
    Free Member

But what has Hughes done to land such a high profile job, he has proved nothing since coming into management. Best signing Hughes ever made was Craig Bellamy.

I don't know, look where Blackburn are now post Hughes…

Blackhound

And Wales are poorer for Mark Hughes leaving as well.

allthepies
    Free Member

We have to book all of our working hours to project codes. The big cheese sent round an Email reminding people that there was no booking code for snow. Management – dontchalovem.

😆

PeteG55
    Free Member

Sadly, I think Liverpool are in need of a change, and I suspect a lot of the supporters are loosing patience with Rafa(think if it wasn't for the cost, he'd be gone by now). However sacking the manager is not LFC's style, although arguably theres not much of the old club left anymore since the yanks moved in.

allthepies
    Free Member

ooops, wrong thread 😳

ams09121974
    Free Member

A team based on two players, who both went off. Their squad is very poor this season. Full of average players. Where did Insua and Lucas come from? they would struggle in our local county leagues down here, another one is that centre back, the really ugly one, don't think he played last night, Slovenian i think, very poor player SKIRTEL. I'm knocking on 35 now, but would love to play against him every week! Think my Under 15 team would give them a good game at the moment!
    They will struggle to make top 6 this season, then what of torres and gerrard?

theflatboy
    Free Member

tails – Member

Well he has won a few cups, and last season league performance was top class.

liverpool last season had one of the luckiest in history which went a long way to masking their true quality, so evident this season.

mike_check
    Free Member

ams09121974 – Member

Where did Insua and Lucas come from? they would struggle in our local county leagues down here

Haha! Many of your local county league players gonna be at the World Cup with Argentina and Brazil respectively? It is a myth perpetuated by Match of the Day and journalists scared to admit they were wrong in their first judgement that think Lucas is shit.

Not every member of a team has to do mazey dribbles before front flipping and banging the ball 30yards into the top corner off his arse! Don't forget Mascherano was slagged off and struggled to get a game at West Ham.

I lose track the number of times the midfield win the ball, set the full backs off only for Kuyt to mis-control it, or Benayoun to run into a blind alley, then Lucas/Masch have to win it back and start again!

This season is just a shitter all round, poor performances, terrible injury situations, one thing improves another gets set back, I'l be gald when it's over tbh but I see where we are now and where we were 10 years ago and I'm grateful that going out of Champions League is now seen as a catastrophe.

Also, signing Maxi Rodriguez for pennies could turn out as one of the geatest deals ever!

ams09121974
    Free Member

granted maxi could be good, seen him play a few times on telly. He'll have to be one hell of a player to turn your season around though! Appreciate what you say about kuyt, etc. My point is there ARE lots of english players that are better than the all the AVERAGE foreigners that earn a fortune playing in our league.
    Still think there is a big issue with English born players and a misconception that they are not good enough for our own league. Think a lot more time and money should be invested in looking at and developing our own talent. There are lots more Rooneys and Gerrards out there playing parks football, the scouts just don't look in the right places, all about luck and being in the right place at the right time. Worrying really, where is the next 'Golden' generation of english players going to come from? League 1 and league 2 have a fairly high percentage of foreigners too.

iDave
    Free Member

if Benitez had any integrity he would walk. he's full of shit. he expects different results from the same input.

mike_check
    Free Member

Know what you mean about the English players though and often feel a lot of foreign top players fall short when they come across a weaker team with a lot of English players who have more of a fighting mentallity.

That would be a whole different discussion though and runs very deep to grass roots. As a kid only one player from our leagues has gone on to play Premier League football, and he wasn't especially a stand out player at the time, he was however much more developed physically than most other kids in the same age group league…

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

where it all went wrong.

Publicly court Gareth Barry and whilst you are at it Piss off your best midfielder Alonso by making him feel unwanted. i believe the club were trying to flog him to raise cash for Barry. fail to land Barry and your miffed best midfielder leaves for his homeland. Overreliance on Torrard. And wtf was the whole Robbie Keane shambles about. benitez has only kept the job on the back of the champions league win. Last year I thought they were on the verge and now they are just ordinary

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Benitez’ is closed to new replies.