Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Benefits of arguing on STW
  • aracer
    Free Member

I’d like to formally thank all those I’ve crossed swords with on here over the years. You’ve all helped to develop my skills in arguing and internet research and I’ve recently found a real world application for these skills. Tonight my research and arguments helped to result in the correct outcome at a planning meeting – not only a refusal of planning permission, but the setting out of position which gives us the best chance of winning at an appeal.

Thanks chaps, I couldn’t have done it without you.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Did you turn up at the planning meeting with a picture of a straw man ?

That’s always guaranteed to win an argument.

😉

aracer
    Free Member

😆

benji
    Free Member

You didn’t go in waving a well known variety of suspension fork?

It’s good for the mind, to discuss, because once you can perceive an argument from both sides, you are better equipped to understand the full problem. Saying all that 650b, no thanks 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You’ve all helped to develop my skills in arguing

No we didn’t

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Please tell me that at some point during the discussions you got bored and showed everyone an animated gif of an Alsatian instead.

user-removed
    Free Member

Run. Run. Run… (bite).

Jamie
    Free Member

Arguing on STW is serious bizznizz.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I doubt we had any input into your Skilz, I suspect you were well versed enough 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

Did you threaten to wee in the planners shoes ?

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve always been right for as long as I can remember, but through using STW I have come to understand that there are some poor deluded souls out there that are convinced that they are also right..

This has helped me greatly in my dealings with Mrs Yunki

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken…

Was someone planning to use a compact chainset on a roadbike? 😉

samuri
    Free Member

This has helped me greatly in my dealings with Mrs Yunki

Assuming she’s female, she IS always right.

Stoner
    Free Member

Is this the one near The Crown aracer?

Has it been called in or will they appeal to “the lovable Mr Pickles”?

gordimhor

I know how you did it aracer
    ‘This planning apleikashun is no good without pichers’

bearnecessities

Was a cougar floating above you all?

dannybgoode

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y[/video]

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I don’t believe we’ve had the pleasure…

aracer
    Free Member

That’s the one, Stoner – appeal is already in for “non determination” – last night was MHDC taking a position on it. Spoke with the chairman of the committee after the meeting who was particularly scathing about Pickles – she is a Conservative!

CountZero

I was half-expecting Jamie’s gorilla pic to suddenly show one bitch-slapping the other repeatedly.
    #disappointed. 😉

camo16
    Free Member

CZ, in STW style it’d be more like…

julianwilson
    Free Member

aracer, I think you need to post a link to the planning application so ninfan someone can arbitrarily take the opposing view to yours and argue it all over again on here. 😀

BTW friend of my wife’s works in planning for our local authority and says it’s very rare indeed (at least in Jannersville) for the planning committee vote to go against the reccommendations of the council officer from planning department who reports/comments on the application. If that was the case too then double well done.

CountZero

Thanks, camo; I love the way the gorilla overarms that huge chunk of dirt, then legs it before anyone realises he’s lobbed it! 😆

dday

STW argue? I just assume we are all like this:

aracer
    Free Member

BTW friend of my wife’s works in planning for our local authority and says it’s very rare indeed (at least in Jannersville) for the planning committee vote to go against the reccommendations of the council officer from planning department who reports/comments on the application. If that was the case too then double well done.

No – the planning officer recommended refusal. However most importantly we got a couple of extra reasons for refusal included in addition to those of the planning officer, one of which disputes the opinion of the county highways officer (I put my STW skills to work to prove him factually incorrect on a couple of points) – I’d imagine that is even more unusual! They should help a great deal at the appeal.

I should point out that it’s not all that unusual around here for the planning committee to refuse permission when the planning officer has recommended approval – I found a few cases like that when researching – though it’s certainly the norm to go with the planning officer’s recommendations.

theotherjonv

Don’t forget that when you lose the appeal, you can always claim you only opposed the application for a laugh anyway.

yunki
    Free Member

Genuine LOL at Edinburgh Defense

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Benefits of arguing on STW’ is closed to new replies.