Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bender Fender clearance issue.
  • colournoise

Anyone else have this?

Even zip tied on I can’t fit a Bender Fender without it rubbing the tyre. This happened on my old Society Xeno forks and is the same on my new Marzocchi 44s.

Can only assume my Michelin WildGrip’r 2.25 is an oddly tall tyre or I’m unlucky enough to have bought two sets of forks with minimal clearance?

slainte ❓ rob

GW
    Free Member

Yes.
    very little clearance with a 2.35 (which isn’t actually that large) Minion and Rebas.. un-rideable in some circumstances so I’ve stuck with the velcro to whip it off if I have to. (even if some internet experts think it causes no more of a problem than the bare arch would 😉 )

cynic-al
    Free Member

THREAD CLOSED.

bigjim

yeah only a couple of mm with Revelations and a 2.25 Advantage. It was worse with the missus’ 2.35 Nobby Nic on her Reba’s, although the thing decided to randomly split during its first ride anyway, which was a bit annoying, don’t think I can be bothered to try and get the money back though. Bit of a shame as they do work very well in terms of stopping the carp hitting you in the face.

cynic-al
    Free Member

bigjim, earlier, without a mudguard:

HermanShake
    Free Member

😆 I still get some carp fly past my mucky nutz. It’s a slippery business I tell thee.

With a number of tyres I have minimal clearance, I’d still rather this and occasional rub than go for a RRP/pi$$flap guard and splatter my precious stanchions.

Is it the bit by the shoulder lugs for your bike?

Northwind

You do need some room- if you lack mud clearance then you’ll also lack mudguard clearance but if you have sufficient mud room in normal use then the guard ought to fit too.

How tight do you have it to the arch? There’s a trick to pushing the straps that go round the fork leg up, which pushes the fender more against the arch. On both of mine the guard’s in contact with the arch all the way round so there’s no significant loss of clearance.

Can’t think who GW is talking about 😉

GW
    Free Member

a slit 2l plastic drink bottle has enough plastic to replace a broken fender bender (and won’t have any lame “mucky nutz” logo). simply use your old fender as a template

kayak23

slit 2l plastic drink bottle has enough plastic to replace a broken fender bender

May have to do that…
    Only lasted me a day… 🙁

br
    Free Member

Its less about the Bender has clearance issues, than your fork has clearance issues…

IME works fine on 36’s, Thors etc but very tight with Reba/Recon – but then these forks just don’t have the room for big tyres (and mud) anyway.

bigjim

Only lasted me a day..

same here, I think they are using the wrong kind of plastic.

bigjim

won’t have any lame “mucky nutz” logo

just put it on upside down, logo is hidden.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Loads of clearance with Magura Thors and a 2.35 Bonty XR4
    Shame the coverage is a bit pants compared to my usual THE fender cos it does look better. I feel a bodge coming on…

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

IME works fine on 36’s, Thors etc but very tight with Reba/Recon – but then these forks just don’t have the room for big tyres (and mud) anyway.

+1 I can fit massive tyres with plenty of breathing room on my Fox Forks, a 2.2 rubber queen rubs my rebas (oo-er).

Listen up rockshox just cos 120mm is enough travel for my riding, it doesn’t mean I want to run 1.9 tyres!

smiff
    Free Member

so RS haven’t increased the arch clearance on new rebas? my 08s are tight, but i run a minion 2.35, XC717 rim, Bender 2.1, just tested in the mud was surprisingly ok. not sure what’ll happen when i buy a wider front rim..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bender Fender clearance issue.’ is closed to new replies.