• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Del.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bend this back or replace it?
  • Kieran

So halfway through my 7Stanes tour with the wife on our Ventana ECDM tandem the non drive side chain stay has let go. This definitely needs replacing but I sent the pic of the failure to Ventana, who have been absolutely brilliant, but did point out that the seat stay also appeared bent where the calliper has come round and hit it after failiure.

Bugger 😥

The chain stay part of the swingarm is going to be expensive enough ($275 + €65 shipping + duty + VAT) the seat stay part is another €195 (no extra shipping if I order it with the chain stay but duty and VAT on top again)

Everything I know about aluminium is screaming at me that I should replace it and save the extra shipping cost but it’s a big chunk of change which I really don’t have right now so it would be a hit on the credit card until (hopefully) bonus time in September.

I’m really hoping for a consensus on either bending it back and hoping for the best or just getting it bought so we can ride again.

I’m afraid I’m posting over 2g from Mabie so can’t post an image, hoping the link below will work. If somebody could post it up it would be much appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bbs3lu3ycunlhp/2016-07-28%2021.28.21.jpg?dl=0

What would the Singletrack collective do?

TiRed

Replace. You know it makes sense.

ctk
    Free Member

Not under warranty?

Are the 2 seatstays joined at the top?

shifter
    Free Member

Is there any interchangability with the solo frames? I only ask as there’s a 29er El Capitan on the bay at the moment…

Kieran

No warranty, it’s a 2004 bike but in immaculate condition. I was wondering if the Mono 6 was too much brake for the rear end but Ventana has said it should be fine.

That swingarm on the El Capitan looks remarkably similar but ours is a 26er so definitely won’t work. I hope the one for the tandem is a bit stronger as well…..

Both the chain stay and seatstay parts are connected at the top with big billet Alu parts, probably why they are so steep

Still can’t decide if I should try to bend it back and just get the lower part. Getting greif now from the wife over the cost.

Del

replace IMO. if that fails what other damage will it do?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bend this back or replace it?’ is closed to new replies.