Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bench/Wall fixed repair stands?
  • frank4short
    Free Member

About to give the garage a major once over. Hoping to get it spot on in the process. With that in mind just wondering if anyone out there has bought a bench or wall fixed repair stand and whether or not you found dis/advantageous over just a regular floor standing workshop stand?

Thanks

DrP

Personally, I like to take the stand outside for some impromptu garden tinkering, weather permitting of course…..

DrP

ourmaninthenorth

I have the Park PCS-12 bench mounted stand. It’s attached to the workbench I built for my cellar (old house -bench has now moved to double garage).

For 90+% of the time, the bench mount is great, but there are times when I’d like the flexibility to be, say, outside fettling the bike while watching Toddler North in the garden. If you go to lots of events (24hr races), then having something portable would be handy. I’ve just picked up a cheapo Lidl portable stand for the 5% of the time.

A bench mount stand is great – just thiong carefully where you mount it on the bench so tyou can make sure you can still reach tools etc. You’ll also have to take the bike out and face it the other way to work on the other side.

This is mine in situ in the cellar:

And in use (sort of 😉 ):

monkeyboyjc

i have a bench mounted stand, bought off ebay for £20, which i’ve mounted to my bike shed door – so it becomes wall mounted. I had to mod it slightly to do so, and to door goes on a little hook atthe bottom to stop it wobbling.

Obvious advantages are storeage…

Its not the best quality stand – buit it does the job. No decent photos of it though, only this one:

trail_rat
    Free Member

youll only walk into it once before cursing the living daylights out of it

i like my ultimate tools fold away stand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bench/Wall fixed repair stands?’ is closed to new replies.