Ben Nevis

Home Forum Bike Forum Ben Nevis

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ben Nevis
  • yodagoat

Anyone ever got their bike to the top of Ben Nevis? Is it rideable? Wouldn’t mind doing it, if only to see the top and make coming down a little bit more fun.

TandemJeremy

People do do it. i doubt its worth the bother. The path is mainly a rock staircase and there is always people on it

DrRSwank

It’s better round the back. You can’t ride all the way to the top but you can get a long way up – and there are hardly any tourists.

trail_rat

agreed DrRSwank

Premier Icon Sanny
    Subscriber

Dr

Which route do you take? Any pics?

Cheers

dazzlingboy

You’ll need to wait a while – I was up there this weekend – snow from 800m up.

jamesb

I`d reckon for some months to come only way to get onto Ben Nevis summit is with full winter mountaineering gear, not on a MTB . see
    http://www.mwis.org.uk/mountain/WH.PDF for expected weather

DrRSwank

I haven’t got any pics but have a gander at an OS map. There’s a trail that runs along Allt a’ Mhuilinn. Like I said, it doesn’t get to the top (bikeable), but I did this in late May a few years back. The ‘proper’ route up the front looked heaving with tourists but I saw only two other people on this track.

It is a slog at times.

It is a ride I’d repeat though. It is lovely up there and very peaceful.

pistola

Did it years ago. Came back with a couple of recommendations:

1. Don’t take SPDs – use flatties and wear walking shoes/boots;
    2. Leave the bike at the bottom.

dans160

It’s chuffing hard work, especially if you have just done Hellvelyn and Snowdon a few hours before.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ben Nevis’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top