Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ben Nevis
  • yodagoat
    Free Member

Anyone ever got their bike to the top of Ben Nevis? Is it rideable? Wouldn’t mind doing it, if only to see the top and make coming down a little bit more fun.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

People do do it. i doubt its worth the bother. The path is mainly a rock staircase and there is always people on it

DrRSwank
    Free Member

It’s better round the back. You can’t ride all the way to the top but you can get a long way up – and there are hardly any tourists.

trail_rat
    Free Member

agreed DrRSwank

Sanny
    Free Member

Dr

Which route do you take? Any pics?

Cheers

dazzlingboy

You’ll need to wait a while – I was up there this weekend – snow from 800m up.

jamesb
    Free Member

I`d reckon for some months to come only way to get onto Ben Nevis summit is with full winter mountaineering gear, not on a MTB . see
    http://www.mwis.org.uk/mountain/WH.PDF for expected weather

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I haven’t got any pics but have a gander at an OS map. There’s a trail that runs along Allt a’ Mhuilinn. Like I said, it doesn’t get to the top (bikeable), but I did this in late May a few years back. The ‘proper’ route up the front looked heaving with tourists but I saw only two other people on this track.

It is a slog at times.

It is a ride I’d repeat though. It is lovely up there and very peaceful.

pistola
    Free Member

Did it years ago. Came back with a couple of recommendations:

1. Don’t take SPDs – use flatties and wear walking shoes/boots;
    2. Leave the bike at the bottom.

dans160
    Free Member

It’s chuffing hard work, especially if you have just done Hellvelyn and Snowdon a few hours before.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ben Nevis’ is closed to new replies.