Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ben Macdui route/loop
  • gfrew88
    Free Member

Planning on doing the route below just wondering if anyone has done it as a loop? I have ridden it in parts but want to ride it as a loop on thursday this week as the weather looks good so far.

Lin of dee – Glen Derry – Lairig an Laoigh- Glenmore Lodge – Ben Macdui – Glen Derry.

gfrew88
    Free Member

anyone ?

rickmeister

Scotroutes to the forum …

chickenman

Lairig an Laoigh S to N: You’ll be pushing most of the way fro the Etchachan turn off to the descent to Bynack Stables (you’ll be pushing that descent too unless you’ve bulk bought inner tubes!).
    The Macdui descent via Etchachan is a classic, continuously rocky tech down to the over built bottom section.
    I was always of the opinion that bikes shouldn’t be on the Cairngorm plateau but now feel more chilled about it: There’s a wide gravel path across the parts that aren’t boulder fields and the reindeer do much more damage to the precious sub-artic flora than any amount of mountain bikes ever could. Ask me again when everyone is riding e-bikes!

gfrew88
    Free Member

(you’ll be pushing that descent too unless you’ve bulk bought inner tubes!).

sometimes I do wonder

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ben Macdui route/loop’ is closed to new replies.