Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ben Lomond, Yesterday.
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Bloody great fun!

DSCF0259 by rathbonepeter, on Flickr

mactheknife

Good shout, thats on my hit list next month along with the Ciaran Path.

turbo1397
    Free Member

did the devils staircase on sat, great descent.. ben lomond next on the agenda!

stucol
    Free Member

You can ride maybe 40% on the way up. But about 90% on the way down.

It does feel like a bloody long shove up but the descent is just epic.

The views are not half bad either.

Some choke points are well narrow on the descent seeing as the path was never built with bikes in mind. And leg armour is a must for mere mortals.

I must get up it again this year, best descent i have ever done.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

That must have been cold up there yesterday, It was chilly enough out on the Loch. Definitely doing it this year. Did you meet many walkers on your way down?

grum
    Free Member

Ace.

Superb descent, one of the best I’ve done anywhere. Can’t wait to do it again.

Some more pics here – http://www.flickr.com/photos/grum_wynne/sets/72157624671422492/with/4843052561/

flyingmonkeycorps

Reckon I rode somewhere between 80 and 90%, the path at the top was pretty much unrideable due to being covered in snow, and I struggled a bit with some of the steep switchbacky bits – it was a case of get going, fall off then shuffle down to a bit where I could get back on again, get going, fall off, and so on.

But it was an absolutely immense descent, and well worth it. One of the most intense things I’ve done – there was a lot of it that was just so relentless, my brain was properly fried by the bottom.

There were a few walkers, but we did it quite late so most of them were gone by the time we were descending. They were all either completely incredulous that we were riding down it or hugely impressed, mostly a mix of the two. Just before that picture was taken I was called “a ****’ lunatic!” by a bunch of laughing Irish folk.

It wasn’t actually too bad on top… I’m not sure why (it was much windier on the ridge) but it was almost completely still, and the views were amazing. By the woods at the bottom I was down to a base layer and jersey with the sleeves rolled up…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ben Lomond, Yesterday.’ is closed to new replies.