Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • BEN FROST…BY THE THROAT.
  • sodafarls
    Free Member

Since the handbrake and stabilising factor on my drinking and playing good music loudly enough to be appreciated as it's makers intended is somewhere in Germany explaining to them how to do things properly, I've decided to post another recommendation of sonic greatness. This time it's not something I have returned to frequently since my carefree post adolescence, it is the best record I have heard in 2009. And that record is Ben Frost's "By The Throat"…

Recent music posts here have suggested that there is an underground lurking with good music taste. Sunn o))) seems popular amongst the cognoscenti. Now imagine the sonic power of that band with the soul of Arvo Part, the arrangments of Morricone, and the imagination of Richard D James. And the bunch of big hairy gooseberrys hanging out of Pansonic's hard yakka shorts when they play Australia.

This Album is fantastic.

Sorry, can't post a direct link for terribly unfair reasons.

Edit, actually I can it seems. God bless Chinese firewall sledgehammers.

Pigface
    Free Member

Interesting but cant see it making it past the X factor auditions 😉

sodafarls
    Free Member

Indeed. I suggested last night here that **** in a pit of shit was a much healthier option in life than being aware of such degredation…

Anyway, here the BBC have provided everybody with a chance of hearing a snippet of "Hibakusja".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/396m

Now listen to that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘BEN FROST…BY THE THROAT.’ is closed to new replies.