Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Below calf muscle pedal gash – any ideas on protecting this area (photo content)
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

Had a bit of a mishap yesterday in FoD and opened up the back of my leg (see photos below) I’ve since had 11 stitches to repair it and have to stay off the MTB for at least a week, probably two until the stitches are removed. Once back riding I need to protect this area at least until the wound has completely healed, and if I can find something not too intrusive I might wear it all the time. Had to tie my sock tightly around the wound on the trail to stop it bleeding for long enough to ride back to the car!

EDIT: Gash jokes welcomed

TimP
    Free Member
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Is there anything this can’t be used for?

OK, so how did it happen?

chakaping
    Free Member

You can get calf compression sleeves for people with shin splints.

Maybe cheaper to get the compression sleeves that people wear to put shinguards in for footy though?

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Some low adherent gauze, some crepe bandage and tape. Then a cut sock. Or a very long sock.

br
    Free Member

Use SPD’s?

Toddboy
    Free Member

It’s just a scratch 😈

plus-one

Running socks for cycling ? Bad Karma I reckon 😉

Spd’s is what you need

wilko1999
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

pdf – just caught the end of the handlebar on a tree and after that not really sure apart from the pedal smashing into the back of my leg.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

A cheap football shin guard on backwards might work. You will be very unlikely to catch that area again.

benp1

You can’t post that without expaining how you did it!

What’s wrong with a shinpad the other way around?

wilko1999
    Free Member

benp1 see my latest post a few above yours.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Below calf muscle pedal gash – any ideas on protecting this area (photo content)’ is closed to new replies.