Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bellroy All Condition Phone Pocket – but not. Alternatives?
  • Rik
    Free Member

The Rapha essentials case is a bit big and not weatherproof, love the Bellroy All Condition Phone Pocket but not the £80 price tag.

Is there another slimline form fitting, weather protected, phone/money case (leather or not) which is like the Bellroy but without the £80 pricetag??

joshvegas
    Free Member

1pound gets you alot of zip locks.

You even get handy phone sized ones…

Rik
    Free Member

I’d like something nice, not a ziplock bag, just not £80. Happy with around £45 so a similar price to the rapha case just a bit smaller

geoffj

The Bellroy stuff is very nice

jimdubleyou
    somafunk
    Rik
    Free Member

All good but after something a little bit smarter looking to fully replace my wallet and protect my phone. So not just for on the bike

MoreCashThanDash

Velopac

CountZero

Smart, protective, cheap.
    Pick any two.
    My iP6+ has a cheap tempered glass screen protector and a gel-type clear wraparound case that cost the astronomical sum of £7.99.
    My wallet is one of these: https://www.waterproof-cases.co.uk/product/peli-0955-sport-wallet/

Made by people who make gun cases, among other tough containers, and it’s a very tough thing indeed.

Rik
    Free Member

Def. looking for more Bellroy/Rapha leather or nice woven style rather than a plastic box.

That Peli case def. looks like your credit cards will be safe…..

Kryton57

Birzman weather warrior

Lost one, did the same search as you and ended up with another. Carries phone, card & a note easily and slips nicely into a jersey pocket. Never had any sweat or moisture inside, oh and £12.

I carry an iPhone 6s with a case on, £5 and a debit card no problem.

Rik
    Free Member

Looks like there is only the Bellroy out there. Strange the world usually copy things to death once a good idea has come out.

CountZero

That Peli case def. looks like your credit cards will be safe

Don’t have a credit card, only a debit, but I carry cash and other bits and bobs, and the point is to keep the contents safe, otherwise I’d use some swanky expensive leather jobbie designed to elicit oooo’s of admiration from those easily impressed by such things.
    I, on the other hand, couldn’t give a shit, and I kept breaking Jimi wallets.
    When I bought something in Cotswold Camping in Bath on Sunday, the bloke at the counter was impressed enough with my Pelican wallet to want to look into stocking them.

theroadie
    Free Member

RidePac from http://www.velopac.cc. Its actually a little larger than the Rapha essentials case but will accept all phones up to & including i-phone6 plus. Its also British made!

Gary_M
    Free Member

As above, ride pac, I have a couple of them. Fits credit cards AND debit cards as they’re both the same size. 🙂

I’d use some swanky expensive leather jobbie designed to elicit oooo’s of admiration

mmm are we still talking phone cases here?

benp1

Currently use an aloksak

It’s not as neat as the Bellroy, which looks very impressive, but I can fit my iPhone6 and Trove wallet inside. It’s waterproof, rather than resistant, which for bikepacking was quite important so I could be same in the knowledge that it’s going to survive torrential rain.

I actually have a Rapha one for bonus points, got it free, but it’s an aloksak with a bit of Rapha branding in addition

I like the look of the Bellroy, I want something I can easily remove to be able to take pics

I use mine everyday for commuting

jonswhite

Two very nice UK made, cycling specific ones:
    Mamnick
    Albion Cycling

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bellroy All Condition Phone Pocket – but not. Alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.