Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 170 total)
  • Belligerent disco bloke in Portsmouth – Mark Green Disco BD08 XGL
  • yunki
    Free Member

he’s getting around though.. even Portsmouth footie fans are on to him..

Top google result for me..

Pompey news

flip
    Free Member

Total knob, sadly lots of people like him in the world, full marks for the cyclist.

asterix
    Free Member

he represents everything that is wrong in Britain today

maybe send the video to http://upload.news.bbc.cs.streamuk.com/

Edric64
    Free Member

Mark Green disco`s Portsmouth you say? The dangerous driver?(allegedly)see ,I covered that angle there .Who would want Mark Green discos to do their party?

GrahamS

Appears to be back on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qhu7Pr7cV8

And with an interesting comment from the original victim:

I reported via 101 on 01/11/2012 and had a very positive meeting with a policewoman who came over to my house this morning to take a statement and a copy of the video. I won’t go into any more detail now as it may affect? further proceedings, but I will update when I can.

😆

neninja
    Free Member

The rider seems to attract these charming drivers –

GrahamS

I must say, Portsmouth looks absolutely delightful.
    Remind me to never go there.

Mister-P
    Free Member

“I’ll get out and knock you out”

Erm, you are out and you don’t actually seem to be doing much. All fart and no poo these people.

The rider seems to attract these charming drivers –

I wouldn’t have even bothered stopping in that instance. Although I probably would have twatted his wing mirror “accidentally”.

GrahamS

What I don’t understand is that in both those videos the drivers are in the wrong*, but they get out apparently ready to have fight.

Does Portsmouth water contain too much testosterone? Or is it just a town full of desperately sad frustrated little men?

* (the rider could have stopped in both cases, but he really shouldn’t have to)

druidh
    Free Member

The thing about that second video is “why?” – as in, why bother turning your bike around to go back and have an argument? It rather confirms my theory that some folk are either deliberately seeking out confrontation or they’re getting some visceral thrill from it.

GrahamS

It rather confirms my theory that some folk are either deliberately seeking out confrontation or they’re getting some visceral thrill from it.

Or they are prepared to challenge bad behaviour rather than roll over and play dead.

asterix
    Free Member

the driving was poor in both cases, but their behaviour was much worse than any driving error they made

if you get abused regularly on your morning commute – its no wonder cyclists start wearing cameras and posting to youtube etc

trickydisco
    Free Member

Notice it says on youtube

BD08 XGL – Mark Green Disco & Karaoke

reported via 101 on 01/11/2012 and had a very positive meeting with a policewoman who came over to my house this morning to take a statement and a copy of the video. I won’t go into any more detail now as it may affect further proceedings, but I will update when I can.

Scamper
    Free Member

I’ll stick my neck out here, but matey boy short disco man was turning from a tight residential road into a road with cars parked on both sides and thus it looked impossible to make the turn keeping to his side of the road. As he was making the turn the cyclist was still some way off but he should have still seen him, and he could have stopped, but that would have just completely blocked the cyclists exit onto the road, and we are presuming the cyclist was of course indicating if he wanted to turn left or right. Just one of those things, and if it was me cycling i’d have not given it a second thought or slowed down instead of trying to make a point. Wonder if the cyclist gesticulated first too, although Disco Man’s reaction was of course way out of line and should get all he deserves.

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t think you’re actually getting the point of the Mark Green hatred there mate.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

the driving was poor in both cases

No it wasn’t. Cyclist rides along in straight line, avoids van as it turns in, driver gives him lip. Cyclist has done nothing wrong that I can see. Driver is an asshat.
    If that was me on the bike is have ripped into him good and proper. I thought the cyclist was very restrained TBH.

That said, it is a bit of a storm in a teacup.

GrahamS

Just one of those things, and if it was me cycling i’d have not given it a second thought or slowed down instead of trying to make a point.

That seems to be exactly what he did though.

Pretty sure his original description, before it got pulled, said something along the lines of “Driver ahead was taking a ‘pompey corner’. That’s just how it goes round here. Thought nothing of it and rode past only to have him shout at me then threaten me”

If you watch the vid he goes past and only stops to “make a point” when the driver shouts something.

DezB
    Free Member

It rather confirms my theory that some folk are either deliberately seeking out confrontation or they’re getting some visceral thrill from it.

Hurrah! It took long enough for one of those to come along!
    Me, I rode in front of a bus the other day, just to get the argument on camera. Good it was. Need a new bike though.

yunki
    Free Member

his riding in that second clip takes the mickey

Scamper
    Free Member

Fair enough – didn’t see the original description or notice disco man first shout out of his window – thought they both just stopped and squared up, before Shorty kicked off.

Lifer
    Free Member

yunki – Member

Why?

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Yep, why?

asterix
    Free Member

@PeterPody

well done you have focussed on and copied the part of my post that was the less important bit and therefore missed the point

anyway, drivers (including me) should always look well into the road into which they are turning before doing actually making the turn – the numpties in the videos didn’t look properly (one of them even admits not seeing the cyclist)

franksinatra

Anyone got a working link to Mark Green Disco video on YouTube? I can’t see Vimeo on my phone

Ta

yunki
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    Why?

why couldn’t he have slowed..?

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone got a working link to Mark Green Disco video on YouTube?

They’ve all been removed – including the vimeo one.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

This link to Mark Green Disco is still working:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qhu7Pr7cV8

GrahamS

This link to Mark Green Disco is still working:

Video has been replaced though.

I have a copy of the original downloaded from Vimeo.
    I could upload it somewhere but it sounds like criminal proceedings are in play so probably best to leave it for now.

stumpy01

I have to agree that in the second vid, the cyclist could have slowed. Fairly narrow road double parked, and the car driver did seem to be driving quite cautiously.
    I don’t think the car driver was right to toot, but equally the cyclist could have done more to make the situation less inflammatory.

In an ideal world, perhaps the driver shouldn’t have pulled out. But given the double parking there, it is not that surprising that he couldn’t see everything and he did appear to be proceeding cautiously until the cyclist whizzed up to him.

Near where my sister lives there is parking like that & you often cannot see 100% what is coming when pulling out. So I proceed slowly & with caution, windows down so I can hear approaching road users & with a small amount of assumption that other road users will be driving equally carefully given the situation.

franksinatra

Near where my sister lives there is parking like that & you often cannot see 100% what is coming when pulling out. So I proceed slowly & with caution, windows down so I can hear approaching road users & with a small amount of assumption that other road users will be driving equally carefully given the situation.

There is no place for reasonable, measured response on this forum You do not belong here. Do you not see that pitchforks are ready, you have no right to dampen the angry enthusiasm. Please leave. 😉

MrFart
    Free Member

Working linky:

[video]http://vimeo.com/52752388[/video]

What a tool.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I have to agree that in the second vid, the cyclist could have slowed

But you have an instant, in a situation like that, to make the right decision. Slowing is not necessarily right because you still have a car coming at you, and little space to do anything if the car doesn’t stop. It looked to me like the cyclist made the other choice, which was to go for the gap. No issue with that at all, for me.

druidh
    Free Member

He’d have had longer to reach that decision if he’s been looking where he was going and not down at his front wheel. Again, a momentary feathering of the brakes would have slowed him down enough that the car would have pulled out, got past the other cars and been able to pull over a bit.

GrahamS

stumpy01: I don’t think the second car driver was doing anything particularly wrong. As you say, it was a tight space and he was going slowly.

But then I don’t think the cyclist did anything wrong either. He could get through and out the way, so he did. For some unknown reason that really irritated the driver – personally I’d have been quite happy that I didn’t have to complete the manoeuvre with someone waiting that I’d then have to try and get past.

Slogo
    Free Member

Mark green Portsmouth disco

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just googled Mark Green Disco and Kareoke – some rather unpleasant reviews of his services, doesn’t sound like the sort of chap i’d hire for my party 😆

bigG
    Free Member

Just as well Mark Green Disco and Karaoke didnt rock up with his eight karaoke microphones when I was at Dryad.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/pub-f…

The resident DJ is you know who !

xiphon
    Free Member

rudebwoy – broken link…

rudebwoy
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Belligerent disco bloke in Portsmouth – Mark Green Disco BD08 XGL’ is closed to new replies.