Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bellever Tor rock garden – where is it exactly?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

We'll be riding from Princetown / Postbridge this sunday and want to ride th rock garden at Bellever. I've been up and down the tor before, but somehow missed what looks like the best bit. Can someone give me an OS Ref or some good directions?

cheers

Shinythings
    Free Member

If you were stood on top of Belever Tor with the Princetown Mast more or less directly behind you and rode down the lovely trail in front to the corner of the woods…..Obviously I mean, 'Walk your bike down the lovely singletrack'! 😉
    Or you could spot the BW that skirts in a dog-leg around Laughter Tor to SX647765 then work your way back up to the high point and the obvious (on the map) FP and BW crossroads and take in the excellent blast down to Bellever Village

I must have woken up all helpful like! 😯

slugwash
    Free Member

I've been up and down the tor before, but somehow missed what looks like the best bit.

Yeah, you might have blinked or something 'cos it's only about 5 metres long. Bellever minature rockery would be a more accurate description 😉

Shinythings
    Free Member

Somebody been running their stick along your bars again Rich? 🙂

A couple of mates might offer you some guiding if they're out that way in a bit. I would take them up on it as it can be tricky to get the best loop there.
    I wuold if I hadn't snapped me arm in 'alf! 😥

jam-bo

not really worth it unless your route already passes through bellever forest..

snaps
    Free Member

On the 1:50000 OS map, the start of it is right under the last number of the Bellever Tor height figure.

trailmonkey

There's not a lot between Princetown and Bellever except tussocky moorland and chewed up farmland. I certainly wouldn't be heading that way myself, however it,s your ride and I'm sure you know what you're doing.

I'm yet to ride with anyone who didn't either enjoy it or refuse to ride it, so it's definately worth a look if you're in the area. In my experience it's best approached from the path that runs N-S at the trail junction at SX646 772, keep to the left and don't head up to the tor. Keep going south for 500m first climbing then a nice bouldery descent and you'll find the top of the rock garden on your left at SX 647 764. As shinythings has said, there is a trail from the top of the tor and that looks fun but I'm yet to try it myself so I can't really give any directions.
    There are some other excellent trails in the forest including the long descent running east from the trail junction at SX646 772 and drops down to the YHA at Bellever.Access this by turning left at the bottom of BRG and climbing up the fire road.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bellever Tor rock garden – where is it exactly?’ is closed to new replies.