Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • bell super lid
  • kendo954
    Free Member

Anyone using them?

I like the look of the extra protection at the back.

Interested to know how they are holding up if you have used it for a while, do the vents work well etc etc?

Always used giro but with these on sale now and a wee crc voucher i have it makes it a cheap (ish) lid

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hot – summer riding in Tassie
    Can touch the ears
    New one coming out that mounts the chin bar

skydragon
    Free Member

Had one, too hot for my liking.

Swapped over to a Bluegrass goldeneye helmet, far better imho

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Happy with mine so far. On hot days the vent at the front works well, but it’s a fairly warm helmet

jools182
    Free Member

I also fancied one but couldn’t find one cheap enough

Ended up with the endura singletrack helmet. With my tesco vouchers and £5 newsletter sign up, plus topcashback it ended up being about £15 from evans

mikewsmith
    Free Member

going cheap here in Tassie if anyone wants one, posted but you take care of the tax 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup bought one earlier this year & I use it a lot. It’s pretty good, high quality with a hand-finished look to it. It’s a chunky lid there’s a lot of helmet between the inside and outside and the XL is a fine fit on my massive 62cm head. The coverage means there’s not a lot of room around the ears and temples and there may be issues with glasses/hair/straps etc

The venting is not particularly overwhelming but the padding is luxurious and doesn’t soak up perspiration like some spongy linings. The brow vents are pretty good though there is a definite movement of air.

Have not actually hit the ground with it but it has deflected a few low-flying branches this year and encouragingly I didn’t feel a thing

boxxer7
    Free Member

Had mine since they came out, Its well made fits me really well ive had a few decent offs with it so im just looking to replace it after my last one which somehow left me with a bruise just above my eye on the line it sits on.

Its really quite hot is my only gripe and as someone else mentioned it can touch your ears and is a touch heavy.

not sure what im going to replace it with at the moment but I will probably try something else.

Northwind

Mate has one and loves it. It feels cheap and buckety to me tbh but I can’t really judge it as it doesn’t fit me, maybe it’d all make sense if it did.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘bell super lid’ is closed to new replies.