Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bell Super 2/ 2R
  • kevj
    Free Member

I’m just about to buy a new helmet and like the idea of the Bell super 2/ 2R. If I buy the helmet only, can I purchase the chin guard later? I can’t see anything on Google shopping to confirm this is an option.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Don’t see why not but I did ask and as told no.
    This may change as I had one of the first super 2r MIPS so maybe start sell separate when stock issue better

kevj
    Free Member

I’m going to try one on before I buy, but I haven’t as of yet seen one in the flesh. Does the helmet only option have the same removable parts etc?

mustardly
    Free Member

I have a Super2 and I have fitted the chinguard to mine (borrowed it from a mate). You have to remove a small plastic insert out of each side to allow the chinguard to locate, other than that it fits fine.

If it becomes available I’ll buy a chinguard for mine.

kevj
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply mustardly, just what I was after.

mikeep
    Free Member

They work. Just had a bad crash today and landed square on the chin guard. It rode up a little (my chinstrap was a bit loose) but took the initial impact. A bit of a graze on my chin but I reckon it would have been way worse without it.

Second time using it too!. Need a replacement visor now 🙁

drovercycles
    Free Member

We can confirm this is in principle possible but the chinguards aren’t in stock yet. Next big drop of helmets is in June and it sounds like the chinguards might be coming then.

beagle
    Free Member

Smashed my peak. Apols for the hijack, but do we know if peaks are available as a replacement item? Where best for spares like this?

dvowles82
    Free Member

The 2r is a great helmet. I used it on the first proper ride at Cymcarn last Monday (hottest day of the year so far). Took the chin guard off for initial climb but kept chin guard on for all the rest of it and it was great. Not too hot at all, comfortable and gave some peice of mind descending. After a low speed crash onto my face previously, I’ll be using it from rolling singletrack to descending to uplift days at bike park Wales.

Only snag is sizing. I have a 61cm head and the large only just fits ok. I need the dial tightened all the way, or it’s simply too loose. But medium is too small, tight on temples and a gentle of chinguard makes it contact with my chin. So definitely try before you buy.

bullroar
    Free Member

but do we know if peaks are available as a replacement item?

I think the Super has the same visor see

http://www.zyro.co.uk/bell/products/detail/BEH8002837

Might be to call/mail to check.

beagle
    Free Member

Cheers Bullroar. Ta

mikeep
    Free Member

On closer inspection, I think I need more than a visor:

Let’s see how the crash replacement program works out…….

beagle
    Free Member

According to Zyro, the peak isn’t replaceable on the super 2. For a cracked peak done in the van I’ve been told to go down the crash replacement program.

How utterly ridiculous!!

darrenspink
    Free Member

According to Zyro, the peak isn’t replaceable on the super 2. For a cracked peak done in the van I’ve been told to go down the crash replacement program.

How utterly ridiculous!!

What? Contact Bell directly (FB or twitter) to check, can’t believe thats true.

beagle
    Free Member

Well it’s what the email from Zyro says!!

Will drop them a line directly…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bell Super 2/ 2R’ is closed to new replies.