• This topic has 21 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bell Stoker helmets
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience of these? Seen a good deal online for £35. Just wondered how they fit size and comfort wise and how they look in the flesh? Cheers

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I have one, fit is good, cooling is good, looks are good.

I hit mine on a heafty low hanging branch and cracked the shell a little bit but otherwise a year of trouble free use.

I think the green is a little bright now for my tastes but i will put up with it for now.

I paid £50

binners

You missed the great £17 Bell Stoker Halfrauds helmet giveaway bonanza, where we all bought one?

They look a bit like this if you go for the green:

I find mine to be uber-comfy compared to my Giro Hex. Not the best ventilated thing in the world, but not the worst.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

. Not the best ventilated thing in the world, but not the worst.

Lol my super makes it rain in front of my face on hot days…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Fit like any other Bell. On trend flouro. Poorly ventilated. Relatively heavy.

I have both a 17 quid Halfords Stoker and a Bell Super, and the Super is far better quality. I’d say 35 quid would be a more realistic rrp for the Stoker than 60.

binners

Lol my super makes it rain in front of my face on hot days…

I know what you mean. After the year we’ve had I’ve yet to experience temperatures in double figures. But it is pretty sweaty. God knows what it’ll be like if the sun ever comes out ever again. Thankfully that presently looks highly unlikely

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Above 23 I’m using the road lid binners, I need to be going silly or want the go pro on to take it out. It replaced a fox striker which was awesome but 14 days in I knocked myself out and binned it.

benp1

I bought one thanks to the PSA here. I really like it

I saw one in Halfords for a tenner and almost bought another as a spare, but that seems a bit extreme as I find Helmets seem to last for a while

carlphillips
    Free Member

both my kids have them, they’re really good imo

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Action shots with said Helmet, may or may not affect your performance.

binners

Never mind the action shots, I think we need to applaud the shorts/helmet/bits of bike co-ordination you’ve got going on there 😀

Some points will however be deducted for the gloves in the top pic though

leythervegas
    Free Member

Actually thinking I dont like the helmet anymore cos of those gloves. I may actually give up mtb’ing.

Harry_the_Spider

Me in mine.

http://singletrackworld.com/reviews/henty-wingman-cycling-suit-carrier/

Looking cooler than a penguin’s backside.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Apologies for the gloves.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So it’s basically a lid that makes you look like you have eaten been stoking engines rather than getting stoked?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I had one until it broke in half. I wasn’t too disappointed as I didn’t like the green that much, but it was a decent enough helmet. I prefer the 7idp which I replaced it with.

Del

i’ve got one. virtually identical to the giro feature.

longwayhome
    Free Member

I bought one for £17 in the Halfords sale earlier this year.

I don’t find it as comfortable as the Giro Xen it will eventually replace. On the inside the polystyrene is a bit pointy where it touches your head, as opposed to being flat on the Xen. This puts more pressure on the contact points and presses on veins in my temples.

I have made it a bit more comfortable by shaving down the points with a scalpel but I need to do some more before it becomes really comfy.

beamishblue

Does anyone know if they work well with an exposure helmet mount? I have a Diablo but the vents on my helmet are not the best with the mount.

woody2000

Work fine with an Exposure mount IME. You may need to use a longer lanyard, but other than that fine.

beamishblue

Thanks for that – might get one!

benp1

Works perfectly with my Diablo

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bell Stoker helmets’ is closed to new replies.