Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • BELKIN WIRELESS G ROUTER SET UP HELP PLEASE
  • mollski
    Free Member

HIive just bought the above but for the love of god after 2 hours i still cannot get this thing to work ive gne threw the set up time and time again,but with no luck ive taken my firewall of still no go any help here please?

LMT
    Free Member

Mine just plugged in and worked, have you tried entering routersetup in the web address bar on your browser to access the router??

Also initial setup you have to use the ethiernet cable.

mollski
    Free Member

no ive not done that lol

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

mollski whats the problem exactly? no internet?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

can you access the browser?

mollski
    Free Member

no ive got net threw ethernet cable i wanted to get my 2 laptops wireless i go threw the cd and its says done but when i unplug the cable from my laptop i lose the net??

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

ru using xp?

mollski
    Free Member

no vista on my laptop and xp on my netbook

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Sounds like if its working on the network cable and not wifi then your machine is not being leased an ip address for wireless to get on the network from the router. could be many things…

Drop the network cable into the xp machine.

click the windows 'start' button then the 'run' option on the start menu and type in the run dialog box:

ipconfig

hit return on the keyboard.

you should see an ip address. something like:

ip address………:192.168.1.2

or similar.

whatever it is listed as type this into internet explorer and hit return (as if it was a web site – but without the http://). you should then get a username and password box. Usually username is:

admin

password is:

whatever you have set it as or the default one in the manual.

from here it should take you to the wizard for the router. set up WPA encryption. Better way to go than the CD.

Then once done double click on the wireless icons on the bottom right toolbar and view wireless networks and connect with your new encrypted password setup in the wizard.

also make sure wireless is not turned off on the laptops (a switch or sometimes a button. easily done)

mollski
    Free Member

you are a star many thanks for that going to try it now thanks

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

a pleasure mollski

mollski
    Free Member

got the net book up and running its on xp no go with vista 😳

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

did you get vista running mollski? I went to bed and missed your last message!

mollski
    Free Member

no sorry 😥

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

mollski,

Email me if you like. My email address is on my profile. If you do, let me know what problem(s) you are having with vista beforehand. I can see what I can do to help.

mollski
    Free Member

hi im sorry how do i find your email

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

my username on here:

@googlemail.com

mollski
    Free Member

OK WILL MAIL YOU TOMORROW THANKS AGAIN

Mof
    Free Member

I initially had trouble getting mine to work so resorted to the Belkin phone helpline which proved very useful and quick despite the Indian speaking accent the helper had.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

ok mollski

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘BELKIN WIRELESS G ROUTER SET UP HELP PLEASE’ is closed to new replies.