Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Belgium tourism
  • jet26
    Free Member

Off to Brussels for four days in August. Worth making a week or ten days of it? Any advice on stuff to go see near/around Brussels?

Sadly out of cross and classics season so there goes that one!

toby1

Train ride up to Brugge is worth a shot nice place, great chocolate and remeber they speak Flemish not French, but that an Brussles are the only 2 bits I can vouch for, sorry!

jet26
    Free Member

Thanks. Good start, will add it to the list.

Pigface
    Free Member

Its got some interesting coast and the Ardennes has lots of WW2 history. The greatest Motox track the world has ever seen is at Namur

Belgium always seems to be the ignored part of Europe buts lots to see. I know 4 Belgies and they have a very funny outlook on life, “its because we have been invaded so often”

I still cant pronounce one of the girls names Veerle 😆

nbt

We;re touring shortly round YPres, ghent and bruge. We’ll visit the wargrave and so on and wander roudn the towns too. Had a short trip last year and enjoyed it so much we’re going back for a longer trip this yer

plumber
    Free Member

Ghent and Brugge would get my vote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghent_Altarpiece – this is well worth the 4 euro entrance fee if you are at all into art/churches

longwayhome
    Free Member

Spent 5 days on the Belgian coast with the family a few weeks ago at a Centreparcs look-alike.

Whilst it was pleasant enough I would recommend making a special journey there.

There’s nothing to see particularly. The coast is wide, flat sand with dunes behind as far as the eye can see – you can see how they managed to rescue the BEF from just down the coast in 1940. Ostend has a wide promenade and some boat stuff in the harbour but only a few hours worth. Brugge was definitely the sight-seeing highlight.

On the other hand my Dad went to the Ardenne region recently and loved it. Rolling forested countryside and lots of war-related sites.

Mackem

Ghent, Leuven, Dinant, The coast all worth a visit.

allyharp

Brussels is rubbish in my opinion. Bruges is lovely. Ghent is definitely worth a look.

camo16
    Free Member

+1 for Bruges

It’s mighty nice and there’s canals and chocolate seahorses.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Belgium tourism’ is closed to new replies.