Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bel Air V Charge Spoon ?
  • oldfart

Following previous post , going to try to shut it up with GT85 though I have tried that before so not overly confident .Just seen Charge Spoon on Triton cycles for 17 odd quid . Thought for that money it would be a good backup . Anyone compared both ?

Klunk
    Free Member

yes, they are almost the same saddle, give or take a mm here or there.

billytinkle
    Free Member

My bum didn’t get on with the Bel Air I had. Much preferred the Spoon.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I have had both on different bikes for a few years. Spoon is similar shape but much less spongy. More significantly for your starting this thread oldfart, my spoon started creaking just like my belair, but only after four years or so (as opposed to two for the belair). I still have and like both though: every summer I dribble chain lube into the holes the saddle rails go into and that lasts a while.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Always had Belairs, just got a spoon and liking it probably more at the mo.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I had Bel Airs was happy with them, currently using the Madison branded Charge Spoon saddle (they are the same)very happy with the fit actually feels better than the Bel Airs for me.

chojin
    Free Member

Conversely, I prefer the Bel Air to the Spoon.
    Both are good though, but the spoon starts getting uncomfortable after a a while.

duffle
    Free Member

Must admit of the two I prefer the belair just seems more comfortable over longer rides……but as with most things its a personal choice but at 17 quid its worth trying

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Are they nallocks!!!!

The Spoon is a lot flatter and harder.

mboy
    Free Member

😕

Really?

I had a Bel Air I really liked. I bought a Spoon cos everyone raved about them. Nearly lost the use of my tackle very quickly! Against the word Numb in the dictionary, it says “to understand the sensation fully, sit on a charge spoon saddle for an hour”… Horrid things!

Went back to the Bel Air and was like night and day.

Run 143mm wide Spesh Phenom’s now, similar shape to the Bel Air but a little firmer, and don’t seem to go creaky so readily. Still like the Bel Air’s a lot just felt like something slightly firmer would be ideal on longer rides.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Bel Air might be comfy, but by crikey they are hideous. Even if it were the lightest, comfiest saddle in the world, I still don’t think I could bring myself to bolt one on top of a bike of mine…

superfli
    Free Member

I have both. Bel air on Soul and spoon on Heckler. Much prefer the spoon.
    Very personal thing saddles.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bel Air V Charge Spoon ?’ is closed to new replies.