Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bejaysus!!!!
  • devs
    Free Member

Grampian weather warning

Metcheck agrees :0(

Now then, compared to 99.9% of you we have had a pretty good summer and it's generally much drier here than anywhere else anyway BUT it would appear we are gonna pay for it tomorrow. I'm off to cut the legs off my newly arrived Goretex AS trousers. What's the chances of me being the only one on Thurday night club ride? 🙂 70mm of rain? That's biblical.

devs
    Free Member

Shi-ite! There is a massive chocolate river at the end of my garden today. Luckily I'm about 10m above it. It hasn't let up at all for over 36 hours and it's still lashing. Things are not good at all. It would appear that we are about to have our 3rd 1 in 60 year event in 12 years.
    On the bright side it was brill riding in the woods last night. It was like riding round a log flume!
    People evecuated already

stuey
    Free Member

Flooding – time for a new STW niche 'Bike canoe'?

Hope it passes quickly.

devs
    Free Member

One of my boys has been sent home from school. Just went down to look at the river with him and watched it burst its banks. It's not good, particularly when you condsider high tide is at 12 noon which backs everything up. Some people have only just recovered from 2002 when it went last. traffic gridlocked. Bike is the fastest way around town. What tyres for muddy river crossings?

chvck
    Free Member

What tyres for muddy river crossings?

Tractor wheel sized innertubes!

Smee
    Free Member

I am tempted to get the kayak out later and go down the Tweed. It is honking down today.

devs
    Free Member

Took my bike out for a bit of flood tourism yesterday. Photos here for anyone interested.

Whitish
    Free Member

That's a lot of water!

Looks like round 'ere a couple of years ago (Chesterfield).

taka
    Free Member

deVs should of built abig kicker and do lake jumping

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Took me ages to get home after the floods last time. All well and good being smug and living on a hill but no good if it floods all around the bottom, also (Eckington, near Chesterfield)

AndyPaice
    Free Member

been working in Edinburgh the last few weeks and the rain Thursday / Friday was incessant! Turned my site into a bog 🙁 Oil skins and wellies were the order of the day.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

We've has a couple of showers… but it's spring, so to be expected. They reckon mid 20's by the end of the month and a really hot summer this year, though how I'm meant to ride in 40c I don't know.

There are SOME advantages about working abroad 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

just had a look at the pics, that is indeed a lot of water! i like the pics of the railtracks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bejaysus!!!!’ is closed to new replies.