Viewing 16 posts - 161 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • Being served in a shop while on your phone… wrong, right?
  • slowoldgit
    Free Member

@ cando – reactolites plus prescription lenses. They don’t react as quickly as they used to. And if I take them off I bump into things.

franki
    Free Member

I think it’s really ignorant to expect to be served while on the phone. No one’s so short on time that they can’t wait until they’ve been served to take a call.

stcolin
    Free Member

STW never fails to impress 😆

aracer
    Free Member

I enjoy a little bit of interaction with checkout staff – and I like to think it improves their day just that little bit if you’re friendly with them rather than ignoring them. There’s one young lad in our local supermarket who tends to talk to you quite a lot – I’ve heard some people say they try to avoid him, personally I’d choose his checkout rather than another one.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I’m backing the checkout girl.

I love checkout girls. Pretty much my only interaction with the opposite sex due to my nervous tick and constant dribbling. That and not bathing quite as often as I should.

Sometimes I buy lots of stuff I don’t need just to spend longer with the checkout girl. I often get in the queue just as the checkout girl goes on break and closes her aisle.

Cougar

My euphemismometer just exploded.

jon1973
    Free Member

Is that a euphemism?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

When you consider, the staff can’t even be bothered to stop gossiping between themselves while serving you, why should I, the paying customer give them my undivided attention?

CountZero

Cougar – Moderator

Thank you! First genuine LOL of the day. 😆

uselesshippy
    Free Member

People seem to think that kids on checkouts want to talk to them.
    They don’t.
    The last thing a 17 year old girl wants to do is talk to an overweight, middleaged it bloke.

Cougar

Is that a euphemism?

Well obviously I’ve no way of telling now.

scuzz
    Free Member

Treatment of service staff is one of the most obvious indications of someone’s character. I’m just glad the rude exist – they make me look good. 🙂

ononeorange

No manners. Quite unacceptable.

DezB
    Free Member

Sometimes I buy lots of stuff I don’t need just to spend longer with the checkout girl.

“Sir, are you single?”
    “Yes! Gosh, you can tell that by the contents of my shopping basket?!”
    “No, cos you’re flippin ugly”.
    😀

CountZero

uselesshippy – Member
    When you consider, the staff can’t even be bothered to stop gossiping between themselves while serving you, why should I, the paying customer give them my undivided attention?

uselesshippy – Member
    People seem to think that kids on checkouts want to talk to them.
    They don’t.
    The last thing a 17 year old girl wants to do is talk to an overweight, middleaged it bloke.

There you go, answered your own question.
    FWIW, they’re quite happy to talk to me, the lass who served me in Wilko’s this afternoon was very chirpy.
    It’s obviously just you.
    Perhaps if you made yourself a bit more presentable…

NZCol

DrP – thanks, dong it has given me a sense of calm !

Viewing 16 posts - 161 through 176 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Being served in a shop while on your phone… wrong, right?’ is closed to new replies.