• This topic has 23 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Being scared of change?
  • binners

I’m really not sure about this at all. I’ve got a packet sat in front of me, but I’m nervous. Straight Seabrook just seems a bit… well… not right. Why do they have to confront me with dilemmas like this? Challenging one of the few constants in life? Why can’t life just be simple? 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

Seabrooks have gone shite of late.

…maybe this is them trying to turn things around?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    codybrennan
    Free Member

Snowflakes are afraid of the sun.

martinhutch

Deli crisps from Seabrook. The world has really gone to shit.

fasthaggis

No smiles will be found in Straight Seabrook.

binners

Well what a crushing disappointment that was. They’ve been reduced from the old style, teeth-watering strength of Seabrook crinkly, to Walkers standard blandness 😥

Jamie – if you think that they were going rapidly downhill anyway, then these, my friend, are the Louis Van Gaal of a solution

letmetalktomark

This will have all of your answers:

mt
    Free Member

Once they started filling the bags by weight (as every else) and not when a bag was full, the writing was on the wall. They have gone down ever since, there as poor as a bag of Walkers now.

sandwicheater

I’m just thankful my local shop stocks Brannigans, now that’s a powerful man crisp.

wwaswas

man crisp

Do they do potato ones too?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

An abomonation. what if an unsuspecting unfortunate were to buy a packet of these by mistake, expecting a bag of crinkle cut deliciousness and confronted with plain cut mediocrity? what then?

brooess
    Free Member

If you look at the Salt and Vinegar packet, the ‘new’ bit has been obscured. Have these, they’re not new and you won’t have to try and cope with change

_tom_
    Free Member

Why would they commit such a travesty?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like the packaging, what do the crisps taste like?

Ahh, they’re Northern aren’t they, I remember bumping into a packet in that R’ogate.. never tried em’

Jamie
    Free Member

To be honest, the cheek of putting the word ‘NEW’ on a pack of salt and vinegar crisps, seems a bit much.

They’re not new, I have been having them for ages.

binners

The originals are the cirsps god would eat (being from Yorshire, and all that). The ‘New’ straight ones are a travesty, which sullies the name of Seabrokk. I can only assume they’re the result of some marketing department driven southern focus group, or some such nonsense.

If it aint broke, don’t fix it.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Like 650b wheels, it will never catch on

mt
    Free Member

Binners, apparently there is now a qualified accountant in Bradford and they have a job at Seabrook’s. Once one of those bean counters (should that be potato) gets in the crisp quality goes down. It just like the crisp version of the decline of manufacturing in the 60’s and 70’s.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

one of those bean counters

Did such a person oversee the decline of Walkers Salt n Vinegar to the wishy-washy abomination that is “Distinctly Salt & Vinegar?”

dazh

These crisps threads are becoming the new helmet/roadie didn’t wave to me/planetx complaint threads.

And for the record, since Wa*kers decided to put meat in all their crisps, I welcome this move by Seabrooks to give us poor leaf-eaters a simple, traditionally flavoured, straight crisp option.

Freester

Harry_the_Spider

Seabooks are poor crips. Always have been, always will be.

Deal with it.

JoeG
    Free Member

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Being scared of change?’ is closed to new replies.