Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Being outdone by your gf?
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

This time next year, she will (probably) be earning exactly twice as much as me. She’s 5″ taller than me. She climbs two grades harder. I was gutting a pheasant last week, she had to take over because the guts were making me feel ill.

I have some serious manning up to do. Help!

Thankfully, I can still kick her arse on a mountain bike, but she’s catching up on the road bikes 😯

Pook

Good for her.

My gf earns more than me and has done for some time. She’s worked at it, is very respected in her field and deserves every penny.

Tables will turn when she wants to go part time, but I’m working on it and loving supporting her all the way.

I wish mine was into biking and climbing though 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP, prepare for….getting dumped! 😀

Stuey01
    Free Member

Have you got a massive wang?
    If not you may be in trouble.

HansRey

you need an extreme dose of Methyl Tetra Fluro-urethane .. She sounds like a keeper tho, seriously

cb

I’d be more worried about that Bernie Ecclestone look you must have when out and about with her…

Stuey01
    Free Member

Marry her. Stay at home Dad.

That’s my plan, just don’t tell my other half 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mowgli – how tall are you and where do you live?
    She sounds like a keeper.

Mowgli
    Free Member

😀

I’m 5’7-and-a-half (the half matters). She’s 6’0

Yes. Of course it’s massive.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Of course it’s massive.

Yes I imagine that my little finger looks massive in comparisson to you as well! 😆

iDave
    Free Member

my GF has nicer boobs than me

emsz
    Free Member

Same here idave. My g/f is taller than me ( not hard nearly everyone is) and she’s smarter than me.

SiB
    Free Member

Has she got a slighty smaller, just as motivated to earn alot of cash, blonde haired (optional) twin sister who DOESNT like riding (bikes)but likes buying her fella cars, cars which she likes to drive when her fella has had too much to drink?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz can I come and hang out with you and your girlfriend when you’re next down in Oxford? Pretty please?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My (now wife):

Got a much better grade for her degree.
    Earnt more than me for several years (after I earned more than her)
    Is very good (up to County level) at a number of sports and is generally a natural athlete
    Is far better looking than me
    Is a much better cook (even though I used to be a chef)
    Is quicker DH than me – in fact she’s a bit of a loon.

But luckily is slightly shorter.

KT1973
    Free Member

Twice I have had girlfriends that earned more than I did at the time. One had her own business and the other was a dentist. Neither relationship worked out. Call me old fashioned, but I couldn’t handle it if my wife was the main breadwinner and I find career driven women to be very bloody minded and determined and also pretty bossy, but perhaps that’s just the ones I’ve met. My mate’s Mrs is the main earner in thier household and is often away on business all week and he stays at home. They’ve been together for 10 years.
    I think the point I’m getting at is that a lot of women like a man to be successful and provide for them and although it may sound archaic, I would feel emasculated if I couldn’t do that. I know there are many successful relationships where both partners are professionals wth the woman on a higher salary, but you won’t find a lot where the woman is a high flier executive and the guy stacks shelves in the supermarket.
    If you’re both happy though, that’s the main thing. Good luck.

allthegear
    Free Member

Some guys are faster than me on a bike, some are slower. Does it really bother them that much?? Why?

Come to think of it, I’m taller than a lot of guys, too. Don’t earn that much, though.

Rachel

akira

Hopefully that will never happen, the wife would be mortified!
    😉

wwaswas

you won’t find a lot where the woman is a high flier executive and the guy stacks shelves in the supermarket

or the other way around – people tend to associate with people who have similar socio-economic backgrounds to them and thus end up marrying someone similar to themselves.

My wife is better at me at everything bar diy and getting stuff down off high shelves (she’s 1ft shorter than me). If she ever works out that stuff is only on high shelves in the first place because I put it there I’d only be better than her at one thing…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’d only be better than her at one thing…

Standing up to go for a pee?

allthegear
    Free Member

Have you never heard of a she-wee???

Ah! Finally worked out how to change my username!!! 🙂 oh – wait – I thought I had it…

Rachel (formally allthegear)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Rachel, what’s your new username going to be?

wwaswas

her name lookign at her profile…

email Tom@stw I’m sure(ish) he’ll oblige.

Moses

KT, sounds like you have some serious issues.
    Inferiority complex?

After many years Mrs M now earns more than me, but we’re partners so why should it matter? She’s better at me than some things, I’m better than her at others. So long as we make each other happy, that’s fine.

We have one friend, Mrs M’s best mate from university, who probably earns a 7-figure income. Her man has been the main carer for kids & home, & it works just fine. If you feel that you have to be wealthier, wonder why…

allthegear
    Free Member

yes – I was just going to make it rachelNorfolk* rather than the old one. I’d just prefer to keep the “history” of threads as there have been some amusing ones…

Rachel

*struggling to think of anything else just now.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

As I thought that your current name displayed an exceedingly high level of wit (albeit unintentional as you pointed out), I was hoping for a witty revision…

allthegear
    Free Member

I forgot about that!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My view is that you’re in it together. Couples that cannot share often don’t last long.

Wife and I have an even hand over money, I’ve earned more at times, she’s earned more at times – but it’s all for the same goal – to build a safety net for our family. So there are never any issues over money – ever.

nickf
    Free Member

Call me old fashioned, but I couldn’t handle it if my wife was the main breadwinner and I find career driven women to be very bloody minded and determined and also pretty bossy, but perhaps that’s just the ones I’ve met. I think the point I’m getting at is that a lot of women like a man to be successful and provide for them and although it may sound archaic, I would feel emasculated if I couldn’t do that.

You’re old fashioned

My wife earned more than me for a good number of years, compliments of an Oxford degree and the fact that she’s extremely clever. It never bothered me.

I caught up about 6 years ago and now earn several multiples of her salary. It’s never bothered her.

Mind you, she is pretty assertive; outside of work, I’m not, so she gets to decide where the money is spent anyway.

philconsequence
    Free Member

currently earning more than mrsconsequence, but if she took a job doing the same thing for any organisation other than a charity she’d be on about the same per year, and i think she’s got a great future climbing the ranks VERY quickly ahead so i hope for her sake she’s earning more than me soon 🙂

she’s technically got higher qualifications than me, but ive got street smarts you see 😉 she’s normal University IQ level, i’m 2 points off mensa, plus… when she’s not at work she cant make a decision to save her life so she’ll always need me haha.

Bregante

This time next year, she will (probably) be earning exactly twice as much as me. She’s 5″ taller than me. She climbs two grades harder. I was gutting a pheasant last week, she had to take over because the guts were making me feel ill.
    I have some serious manning up to do. Help!
    Thankfully, I can still kick her arse on a mountain bike, but she’s catching up on the road bikes

are you sure she’s not a geezer? 😉

iDave
    Free Member

never thought of a relationship as a competition

how quaint

JulianA
    Free Member

MrsJulianA earns about 30% more than I do and is far better qualified than I am. Problem? No. Blessing? Yes.

Who you are is not about what you do and how much you earn – although it took me a while to come to terms with that (it helps that I now like what I do and who I work for and have a pretty good salary for someone with no qualifications other than GCEs).

Who you are is about how you relate to other people and what you are like inside. If my friends valued me for how tall I am and how much I earned (thankfully they never have – or if they did they never let on!) I might have a think about whether they were my friends at all. That’s how I look at it, anyway.

Conversely, I don’t care what people do for a living or how much they earn: I just care about who they are and how we relate to each other.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Just to clarify, I was having a bit of a joke…! I think it’s awesome how tall, fit, fit and well qualified she is. I think it reflects well on me… 😉

flip
    Free Member

My wife inherited far more money than i’ll ever know, luckily it’s now in joint names 😉

Happy dayzzzzzzzzzzzz

jemima
    Free Member

I every relationship there’s a reacher and a settler…

PJM1974
    Free Member

My missus climbs at a far higher grade than me. She’s also got three degrees too…

…I’ve just given her a 2008 Marin Rock Springs, she”s quite handy on that too.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You lucky dude

nonk
    Free Member

my lass earns around four times more than the best wage i ever had.
    she is awesome at lots of sports
    but on a day to day basis she is thick as bricks and couldnt function with out me 😛

Andyhilton
    Free Member

ditto the last comment.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Being outdone by your gf?’ is closed to new replies.