Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Being listed as a proposer for a councillor – but you didn't propose them!??
    Free Member

Hi All,

Well, voting was interesting! I turned up to my local voting place and thought I'd read who was who and what was what, to my (great) surprise one of the people up for election had my name listed as a proposer, I could be mistaken if my name was popular, but there is only one of me in South Yorkshire. So, it transpires that this person just assumed he could put my name down without asking my permission or even letting me know of his intent. Suffice to say I'm quite annoyed by it all, especially is our political ideals differ so much.

Before I speak with the local electoral services Monday morning, is anyone aware of any legal issues with what has happened? I have spoken to this person and have advised I'll take whatever action is required to have it rectified.

It has been an incredibly long day today and I'm quite unsure what resources are available to me so I can read/learn a little more on where I stand before I take it further – if indeed it can be taken further?!

Any thoughts would be very helpful indeed!

Jt 😉

tinribz
    Free Member

Any thoughts would be very helpful indeed!

Blackmail them for sex?

Free Member

THANKS! 😉

If you saw the chap who it was, you really wouldn't want to!!

tails
    Free Member

Is a proposer just someone who says yes this person lives in this area.

If so why waste your time even if you differ politically it has nothing to do with who you or he supports, but yes he should ask.

Free Member

Thank's tails.

Having not agreed/been aware of what the proposer does/does not do, my knowledge of such things is incredibly slim. The officer who I mentioned it to seemed to think it was quite the serious matter, so I wanted to get my facts straight before I said anything (other than being annoyed!)

However, if it has no bearing other than getting on my nerves then all is cool in the world.

ta,
    jt

ratherbeintobago

Is a proposer just someone who says yes this person lives in this area.

No. You don't put yourself forward for election – you have to be proposed by one of your supporters.

Report it to electoral services.

Andy

tails
    Free Member

Don't take my word for it, I might be wrong. I do recall my mum proposing the lib dem guy last time round.

Still he has to ask you, as he could live somewhere else. You should report it but it may take up valuable riding time.

antigee

i presume the person in question didn't actually win their ward?
    (sheffield has come out under no overall control after lib dems lost seats to labour so the question is important)

Free Member

No, he didn't win anything other than my dismay!

Crell
    Free Member

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/ or your local returning officer.

backhander
    Free Member

Kill him. Nice and quick, like.

jamferg
    Free Member

Depends on the result of the ward! if it results in the slimy tw*t Scriven regaining power then keep schtum and do the (ex mate) bastard in a dark ally in six months time…If however its a BNP slimeball then throw him to the full mercy of the law

Free Member

to 'fess up, it's UKIP – and a close relative 'whodunnit'…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Being listed as a proposer for a councillor – but you didn't propose them!??’ is closed to new replies.