• This topic has 42 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tonyd.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Being angry….how to snap out of it…
  • tonyd

Just came back from holidays

Could that be it? Not meaning to belittle some of the no doubt good advice about depression etc, but you say it’s been happening for a week which doesn’t seem very long.

I used to get the post holiday blues sometimes, now I can’t afford to go on holiday so I don’t get them – result!

DT78
    Free Member

Hmm thanks for the responses. I’ll try and get someone to tickle me at work…not sure where all the angry boss stuff is coming from, I don’t have that, just getting more and more work so it is impossible to do anything half way decent any more.

Holiday was back in Feb (was an expensive one..) and was a last minute decision because both of us were fed up. Seems to be short term relief rather than fixing wider stuff.

Suggestion to get out on the bike more are good – I’m currently doing 8-9 hours a week, thing is, it is really selfish as my wife is unhappy too, we get limited time together and me disappearing off on the bike isn’t going to help her.

I think we just need to get our heads down and let the current set of circumstances wash over us and then pick things up when stuff sorts itself out. A lot of it is out of our control but still causing lots of stress.

At the very least yesterday afternoon went from me thinking ‘I’ve been in a stupid angry mood now for too long’ to actually things really are getting to the both of us and whilst there appears to be nothing we can do at least recognising there is an issue is the first step.

tonyd

Sorry, I read it as if you literally got back from hols last week and it all kicked off then.

It’s good that you’ve recognised the wife is affected too. Have you got young kids? We have and sometimes find ourselves getting more and more worked up as the weeks go by. I think it’s generally a combination of tiredness, stress at work (me), stress at home having to look after two young boys and a puppy (mostly her, some me), and not mixing enough with others (both of us).

If we don’t make an effort then we become a bit insular. If we spend the day with friends, maybe out for a picnic or just round each others houses for family lunch etc the mood suddenly lifts. It also helps when we finally realise whats going on and have a good rant at each other (venting, not arguing).

If you’ve no kids but can’t afford to get away on a holiday, why not pack a couple of rucksacks and head to Wales/Peaks/Lakes for a long weekend camping. It doesn’t have to cost much more than staying at home and you could take the chance to reflect and try to work out whats eating you both up.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Being angry….how to snap out of it…’ is closed to new replies.