• This topic has 42 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tonyd.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Being angry….how to snap out of it…
  • DT78
    Free Member

I’ve been I a right strop for a full week. I’m doing my absolute best to hide it get on with being professional at work, nice to the wife etc… But I am in a right foul mood. No real idea why either. Getting dumped on at work and having my neighbours waking me up at 3am for 3 nights in a row are surely contributing factors, but when you compare to what some people are going through in the real world it’s hardly worth worrying about.

So how the hell do I snap out of it? Been out on the bike 5 days in a row. Still angry. Tried early nights. Still angry. Nice bath. Still angry. Stuffed my face with doughnuts. Still angry!

Thinking about cleaning my bike, full strip down and service, but reckon something will break spinning me off into a uncontrolled rant. My wife is actually finding it funny as little things keep going wrong, you know like putting a glass on the side for it to fall off, smash and cover you in wine,,,

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Panini footy stickers are your friend here.

racefaceec90

you may have some way to go to be as angry as this gentleman 😉

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKn_1727QM0[/video]

tbh i suffer with anger issues myself,but wish i had some decent advice to give you.

chewkw
    Free Member

Try not to think about it …

Yes, I tried but I can’t and is slowly become an angry zombie maggot me.

You need to find out exactly what triggers it then deal with the root cause immediately.

:mrgreen:

seosamh77
    Free Member

Weed, and shitloads of it. I’m never angry, yet my brother is always angry. Coincidence, I think not! 😆

walla24
    Free Member

Yeah risky working on the bike…maybe this:

start on page one of the epic gif thread!

yossarian
    Free Member

Three steps:

Address the things that are pissing you off.

1. Go round and speak to your neighbours. Are they being tosspots or do they have young kids. Be measured and kind and firm if it’s the former. Be understanding and sound if it’s the latter. Just speaking to them will help. If they are arsewipes you will at least have let them know.

2. Sort your shit out at work. Seriously. Once again be measured, reasonable and firm. If someone is shafting you then do something about it.

3. Have sex with your missus and go out for dinner. None of the other stuff actually matters that much.

project
    Free Member

Go down to y7our local bike shop and scream abuse at them for mucking up your bike and not tightening up a small clamp, or down to a school and tell the teacher of fior telling your kids how to carry a blunt pair of scissors or just scan some of the threads and have a go at random people youve never met.

Oh and slag someone off for poor gramer and spelin

enfht
    Free Member

Stuffed my face with doughnuts. Still angry!

Upload a selfie next time you do this.

Seosamh77 is a wise man. Think I’ll put his theory to the test, just need to make myself angry first.

nicko74

Go for a long run/ bike ride/ whatever. Amazing what wearing yourself out doing exercise can do for your peace of mind and ability to not give a fig about the unimportant stuff. Ideally it’d be riding your mountain bike, because it only knackers you but also gives you that buzz of nailing a particular tricky bit, and appreciating the great outdoors. But any of the above would do.

joshvegas
    Free Member

If you find an answer let me know!

Snapping imminent…

tomhoward

Knock one out.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Apparently I was born angry.And have maintained it for the last 40 years and 7 months.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just remember that no matter how bad things are you are neither Nigel Farage nor Jeremy Clarkson.

andyrm
    Free Member

Actively tell yourself to snap out of it and stop showing yourself up. Make it a conscious decision to regain control and that you are not prepared to be angry any more.

Always works for me.

JulianA
    Free Member

Very angry right now. Knocking one out is not currently an option as I’m attempting to drink my self insensible with very limited resources. Only one and a half more bottles left. Shame it’s not Jack Daniels…

Really, really shite evening.

mikey74
    Free Member

Find a mosh pit to some thrash metal and go mental.

Rorschach
    Free Member

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Bottle of cider, hand cooked crisp, big bag of minstrels and take one of your bikes to bits and then just put it back together, works for me every time

TheBrick
    Free Member

****. Hourly if necessarily.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Ever seen that film with Michael Douglas in? Do that…

Failing that get yerself out off a few bevvies with a good mate…

yunki
    Free Member

replace every caffeine based drink of the day with a jodrell in the toilets

Coyote
    Free Member

Woodford Reserve over ice is doing it for me right now.

To paraphrase Noel Gallagher, some days I’m angrier than a man with a fork in a world full of soup. Pressure at work, issues with HMRC and a general feeling that the year is passing me by at a rate I am not entirely comfortable with all contribute.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Stay angry and **** shit up.

CaptJon
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member
    Ever seen that film with Michael Douglas in? Do that…

Make yourself feel fabulous!

bearnecessities

replace every caffeine based drink of the day with a jodrell in the toilets

Let’s hope he doesn’t work at Starbucks.

yunki
    Free Member

😆

jekkyl

Yup weed works for me too. You’re angry because you care about something so try and care less.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Make yourself feel fabulous

If that look works for you then why the hell not… 😆

Retrodirect
    Free Member

A swift punch to the c*ck. would that fix it?

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

The husband of a friend of mine – who was a consultant management trainer-type person – once told me something that really struck home:

YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR ATTITUDE.

Yup. He’s right.

DT78
    Free Member

Well just spent the evening trying to cheer up my wife, crying from a crap day at work, followed by a crap call with her mother. Actually when I think about it there is a lot of bad life and death stuff going on in the family at the moment which I can do bugger all about. Neighbours are in the process of splitting up, I think, from what I can tell he gave her a right hook on Sunday night. Nice bloke.

No real mates left, all got kids and now focused understandably on their families.

And I can’t drink for medical reasons at the mo. Alcohol free beer is a bit nasty. Probably for the best

Just came back from holidays so can’t really afford another.

And my bike creaks like a bag of creaky things.

Jeez it is all a hit bloody depressing at the moment.

Think I,m going to take a day off and go for an epic solo ride.

Anyway I bought myself that rapha top I’ve been eyeing up in the sale, shouldn’t really, but at least I can look forward to the postman knocking!

Scapegoat

DT78
    In all seriousness these match some of the symptoms of major depression. You won’t snap out of it, but you need to go and get some help with it. The issues aren’t the problem, so leave the neighbours alone. Most importantly, although everything else seems designed just to piss you off, you are taking it all personally because that’s what the illness does to you. I had a couple of years of blistering anger, and just how I managed to hang on to everything I own, know and love is a miracle in itself. Make an appointment with your GP, or go and do a bit of research arou d the condition. Recognising it for what it is is a start point, and it may stop you dragging a car driver out of his open window for failing to thank you when you let him through a gap……. 😳

Trekster

Can’t add anything to the above only to say that I work with a guy who has issues and is due back to work on Wed and if rumours are true is in for a bit of a shock as a result of his latest outburst pre holiday.
    All I can say is that when he is good he is really good but on the other side he is just a bullying, manipulating, scheming bsrd and deserves what is/may be coming to him at long last 😳 😕
    From what I’m told by guys who were at school with him he has always been the same.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

C.B.T.

It’s not a nice sandwich, but as a way of thinking it works for me.

I had a temper, a violent one, for years and I found the source to be anger & confusion at my own ADHD tempered way of thinking.

Eg: I want toast, a cup of tea with milk and sugar and then a banana. I’d end up dropping the toast on the floor and the snap fury would see the cup being smashed and it all going to shit because i wanted everything to happen immediately from the point of genesis.

Learning to STOP and THINK SLOWLY saved me a lot of trouble, but it took a long time to get to where I am now.

And for the wise sage Rastafari collective: It doesn’t kill the problem, it puts a wall up. Deal with the problem, get messy. Don’t get messy to forget the problem. *word*

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Well just spent the evening trying to cheer up my wife, crying from a crap day at work, followed by a crap call with her mother. Actually when I think about it there is a lot of bad life and death stuff going on in the family at the moment which I can do bugger all about. Neighbours are in the process of splitting up, I think, from what I can tell he gave her a right hook on Sunday night. Nice bloke.

No real mates left, all got kids and now focused understandably on their families.

And I can’t drink for medical reasons at the mo. Alcohol free beer is a bit nasty. Probably for the best

Just came back from holidays so can’t really afford another.

And my bike creaks like a bag of creaky things.

Jeez it is all a hit bloody depressing at the moment.

Think I,m going to take a day off and go for an epic solo ride.

Anyway I bought myself that rapha top I’ve been eyeing up in the sale, shouldn’t really, but at least I can look forward to the postman knocking!

you know I’d say most of those (barring family issues) are minor things which just add up to being a pain – but a big one is having some mates to chat shit to, that would help a lot. at least it would for me.

Go join a local MTB ride / knitting circle / whist drive (whatever floats your boat) and make some friends. A problem shared etc etc.

oh, and +1 for CBT; it can help you learn to slow down the rage a bit.

ricardo666
    Free Member

A couple of years ago, my dad died, it felt like my world had collapsed. Didnt sleep much, affected work and my health. Loved riding the bike up at Llandegla, Marin trail etc. Going to gigs, and life didnt seem to mean anything to me anymore. Seen the doctor and told her I didnt want tablets, signed off work for a month. And to be honest it didnt seem to make much difference.

I am now involved with the local cycling community with sustrans, took up jogging round the park with the c25k program, and recently became a skyride leader. So just filling up as much of my time as possible, and to knacker myself out, so I could have a thick deep sleep. I have a taxi driver as a neighbour who crashes around at 3am.

Just thought I’d share this with you. Much happier now, Manchester to Liverpool this weekend, Liverpool to Chester soon, and a couple of mountain bike hols in Bulgaria and france.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

My boss is one of those angry people, had to have a word with him about it, he still gets angry but not when i’m about. Still have to hear about his tantrums from other members of staff though.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Now here’s a reason to be angry. Poor thing…..

Yaya Toure’s agent has criticised Manchester City’s attempts to mark the midfielder’s birthday with a tweet, describing their efforts as “a joke”.

City gave Toure a birthday cake as they flew to Abu Dhabi and tweeted their congratulations after he turned 31.

Continue reading the main story
    “If they don’t respect him then easy – Yaya will leave

Dimitri Seluk
    Toure’s agent
    But Dimitri Seluk says Toure is “very upset” the club’s owners failed to acknowledge him personally and says he may leave over their lack of respect.

“None of them shook his hand on his birthday. It’s really sick,” he said.
    😯

D0NK

When my kids are in a strop I push em onto the floor and give em a proper belly tickle, keep going for a few minutes till tears rolling down their cheeks, then stop and they’ve normally forgotten about the strop. Kids are 3 & 4 but hey it might work for adults too, get a friend/colleague to do that for you?

Anyone with an angry boss give it a go let us know if it works.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Being angry….how to snap out of it…’ is closed to new replies.