Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • being 40
  • jools182
    Free Member

can someone tell me where the last 20 years went? 😕

Burls72
    Free Member

I’m the same, 40 this year. When I was younger I didn’t get the whole ’40’ thing. I just thought it was another year whats the big deal? Now i’m nearly there I so get it!

qwerty
    Free Member

Dunno, but I bet your testicles now dangle further than your cock does, best get your head round the fact that some Dr is gonna soon take an interest in probing a finger up your arse and yes you now have to trim your nasal hair more frequently than that (if you have any) on your head. Welcome to the club, enjoy the party.

Travis

Welcome, now, carry on and have some fun.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Dito

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Best decade of my life (so far)!

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

can someone tell me where the last 20 years went?

Oh no! I’m nearly 20 so the next 20 years are going to go really fast. so I might as well be 40 then which means all these problems are just around the corner. god I’m old… 😆

skiboy
    Free Member

been 40 for 3 years now, still does’t feel any different apart form being slightly smug..and my riding has got better in the last year than ever before ??? nothing to lose now ???

chewkw
    Free Member

PeaslakeDave – Member

Oh no! I’m nearly 20 so the next 20 years are going to go really fast. so I might as well be 40 then and so all these problems are just around the corner. god I’m old…

By the time you reach 40 there will be very little full time job around as competition intensify. My father had a cosy job until he retired but I have been struggling all these years with part-time jobs …

sturider

40 on March 25th. Looking forward to it. Fitter than Ive ever been. Started a bicycle business that shows signs of being productive.

cynic-al
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    By the time you reach 40 there will be very little full time job around as competition intensify. My father had a cosy job until he retired but I have been struggling all these years with part-time jobs …

Your unusual and rather secretive life story =/= everyone else’s, nor our future.

Hadge
    Free Member

Lovely – I’m 50 in two weeks – tell me where those last 30 years went!!!! Grrrr

Drac

40 next year. When am I supposed to start caring and I’ve worked in secure job since I was 16.

Life’s what you make it.

redthunder
    Free Member

Welcome to life’s social scrapheap 🙂

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I was 40 last month. Tis not all bad. Apart from the fact that I farted in the office the other day and nearly shat myself. Thats never happened before. Keep smiling.

samuri
    Free Member

45 this year. Not really noticed much difference except I’m less inclined to have mental shennanigans.

flap_jack
    Free Member

50’s better. You become totally invisible. If you are noticed, folk just think ‘that old bloke looks harmless’. It’s brilliant.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’ve been 40 for over 10 years now 🙂
    Celebrate the fact that getting older means you no longer have to conform to society’s expectations. Or, to put it another way, enjoy being an eccentric old man/woman 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

Try being 20, TOTALLY invisable to everyone. No one cares what you say or think, can’t do anything, got no money. Half the time I don’t know what to think about stuff.

GW
    Free Member

er.. think we all ready have emsz

you could always get your self noticed by joining an internet forum frequented predominantly by older straight males and spice it up with your youthful tales from your interesting lifestyle.. oh, wait 😕

br
    Free Member

40 felt fine, but 47 hit me hard – as I’m definately past half-way now 😥

khani
    Free Member

Try being 20, TOTALLY invisable to everyone. No one cares what you say or think, can’t do anything, got no money. Half the time I don’t know what to think about stuff.

Bless….. 🙄
    I’m gonna be a right cantankerous grumpy old bugger!! I’m quite looking forward to it… 😀 not long now…..

z1ppy

40 last week, yet to notice any difference…

sc-xc

I was 40 last month. Tis not all bad. Apart from the fact that I farted in the office the other day and nearly shat myself. Thats never happened before. Keep smiling.

Genuine lol there…

I hit 40 in December. Not bothered…but why would I be? I have loooooaaaadddss of time left in my mid to late thirties…

mrlebowski
    Free Member

40? As you were trooper, it ain’t no biggie..

molgrips
    Free Member

40, you’re alright. By 50 you need to come to terms with your impending slide in performance on the bike, ultimately concluding in your death.

No one cares what you say or think, can’t do anything, got no money

Many of those over 40 would probably give every last penny of that extra money to be where you are again.

cinnamon_girl

enjoy being an eccentric old man/woman

Absolutely! Couldn’t agree more!

Do feel sorry for folk when they met me for the first time but, mountain bikers being mountain bikers, just take you as they find you cos you ride bikes and that’s all that matters. 8)

If only the rest of life was that simple …

fenred
    Free Member

mountain bikers being mountain bikers, just take you as they find you cos you ride bikes and that’s all that matters.

True dat! Ridden with a few peeps at work/clients whe were total a/holes..all goes out the window on a ride…

crankboy
    Free Member

I’m 46 I think and the happiest I’ve ever been . The last 20 years covered getting the experiences to make me the man I am now losing the people who made me be the person I’m not finding the
    Love of my life and in the last year having my son who totaly reshaped my world .

LadyGresley
    Free Member

mountain bikers being mountain bikers, just take you as they find you cos you ride bikes and that’s all that matters

Sort of along the same lines, quoting myself – “going to meet some strange bloke off the internet, it’ll be fine, he’s a mountain biker”

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ll be 40 xmas day, no probs, no one will notice! kind of looking forward to having a proper number rather than 39 which is a bit of a nomark. Anyway it’s not like you change as a person in exact yearly or decade increments. 2007 was a massive personal change for me, no one congratulated me on a huge change that I made and I only understand retrospectively.

cinnamon_girl

going to meet some strange bloke off the internet, it’ll be fine, he’s a mountain biker”

Just ask molgrips! I offered to show him around the Forest and mountain bikers seem quite cool about being shown around the trails. He survived being guided by a mad woman. 🙂

totalshell

had my first kid at 40.. best days work ever! 10 years on and two more kids later and i feel 25 but have family, house all the trimmings but also a sense of a clock ticking.. must get up earlier to make the most of every day!

colournoise

42 now.

Mentally the same as I was 25 years ago. Playing around on bikes is still the best fun I know about that doesn’t involve Zoe (and her bike).

Only difference now is I can actually afford the toys.

Better rider now than I ever have been – still shite in the grand scheme of things though.

slainte ➡ rob

chewkw
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Your unusual and rather secretive life story =/= everyone else’s, nor our future.

Not yours perhaps or at least not yet … 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

totalshell and colournoise that sounds good. think I’m getting broody.

teasel
    Free Member

you could always get your self noticed by joining an internet forum frequented predominantly by older straight males and spice it up with your youthful tales from your interesting lifestyle.. oh, wait

Made me chuckle…

Harry_the_Spider

Physical age 43
    Mental age 28
    Knee age 75

You’ll get over it. 30 was worse for me, 40 was a breeze.

emsz
    Free Member

My interesting lifestyle? Going out and getting pissed on a friday night?

Christ GW your life must be **** boring.

mountainman

40 felt fine, but 47 hit me hard – as I’m definately past half-way now

Agree there i feel 48 looming up now,2 years left to do me target end to end!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘being 40’ is closed to new replies.