Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Behavior towards teachers nurses etc
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Is it going to get worse over the coming years?

I just think this is only the start of the c*** culture.

I have my own views on why it’s so, but I’ve not enough Daily Mails to wrap myself up in for protection against the flaming.

zaskar
    Free Member

What are the causes and solutions?

Security guards? kick out the bad kids? -we could always use cleaners instead of hiring Polish.

Fine the parents?

We need to know the causes and solutions.

I really hate this growing yob culture but it has always been there but as population increases so does the visible problems.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

With each generation it will get worse, just neuter anyone with an asbo and in 30 years time it will all be grand…

donald
    Free Member

I’ve got a friend who’s been guilty of some very bad behaviour towards nurses in the past 😉

DrJ

Behaviour fronm whom? The government, you mean?

donald
    Free Member

edit

BigDummy
    Free Member

Enoch was right.

BigDummy
    Free Member

So, the mystery remains unsolved. What behaviour? By whom? For what reasons? So far, we can only speculate. But reports are flooding in that a giant radioactive lizard has been sighted off the coast of Cornwall, swimming in a menacing fashion towards the town of St Ives. For more on that story, we go live to our reporter on the ground.

boxelder

As a teacher, and having taught a fair few ‘yobs’, the behaviour is getting more prevalent, but not necessarily worse. There’s very few kids who, when treated with respect, but dealt with firmly, don’t start to respond repectfully after a while. TV shite has a large part to play.

footstomper
    Free Member

Holiday time seems to bring the worst of young yob culture. Since some of the schools broke up for easter there has been lots of large gangs of kids wandering around town, although giving PC plod his due their presence has been upped lately to try and stop any trouble before it begins.
    One of the main problems now is there are no deterants and even the really young yobs know and exploit this. At the moment on the radio the local authorities are telling us they are making young offenders wear hi viz jackets with words to the effect that the wearer is a criminal who is paying back through working with the community. Ill put money on this being abolished after a few weeks/months once the Libs decide it isn’t fair on the offender.

anagallis_arvensis

I worked in a school that was rough, at the time it had the lowest GCSE attainment grades in the country. I only got stabbed once and that was an accident!

aP
    Free Member

I don’t suppose that anything has changed dramatically in the last century except for the misconception nowadays that we all have rights without responsibility.

julianwilson
    Free Member

*pulls up chair, removes crash-hat and reflects on being not only a nurse, but a mental health flavoured one, and for teenagers.*

but seriously, it is interesting to see who you get the obnoxiousness/worse from in my job. It’s by no means the council house/crap school kids, actually its fairly across the board in kiddy-mental-health-land. There is nothing quite like a bright grammar-school type late teen who thinks they are all clever and wants to run the ward!

Clink

As I teacher i would say the biggest problem is the parents. If parents are supportive and back the school (and yes schools obviously do get it wrong sometimes – a good school will admit it) most issues can be resolved. The problem comes when parents back the kids. The rudeness I have been on the receiving end from parents is unbelievable – if it was a doctors surgery they would probably have been banned (I’m guessing that bit). Increasingly we are required to act as part social workers part substitute parents – some homes have no boundaries – no wonder the kids can’t then cope with boundaries in school.

bigyinn
    Free Member

A lot of parents seem to think its someone elses job to educate their children in the ways of the world.
    It makes me laugh these kids demand respect, but do very little to actually earn it in the first place!
    Personally i think being a teacher / nurse / policeman is a thankless job these days due to all these little (and not so little) yobs.

firestarter
    Free Member

as a fireman in leeds im used to getting bricked . Even had a tv dropped from a block of flats on to the engine oh and a cat. But recently we’ve been shot at twice. First time i told the boss and he thought i was takin the p but after a long time in the army i know what its like but then a few days later the two bullet holes in the windscreen proved i wasnt mad. Its a sad state of affairs.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Behavior towards teachers nurses etc’ is closed to new replies.