Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Beginning of the end of Porridge Pots/Windwill hill ?
  • david47
    Free Member

Just shows you how up on the local area I am, but after talking to the guy doing the badger survey in the woods on Sunday I found out about the scale of the deepcut barracks development… And I presume its only a first phase 🙁 He was very worried about the number of dog walkers that would now be entering the woods… Which would be a real shame as its a lovely quiet area for riding at the moment (unless you are unlucky and actually come across come some of the army training!)

On the plus side, some of the new stuff for Sundays Gorrick race looks good 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

I don’t know the place but are dog walkers allowed in this place? Are you allowed to ride in this place?

david47
    Free Member

Yep, there is conflict on other ranges in the area (the TAG are working on this), but this is one where as far as I’m aware there is no conflict. There are regular races held on the land. Quite often talk to the squaddies on training to ask where to avoid to minimize further disruption. But if they are closing the barracks and there will be no squaddies to avoid 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Beginning of the end of Porridge Pots/Windwill hill ?’ is closed to new replies.