Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Beginners routes nr Aberystwyth
  • Nick

Any suggestions? Might be going out with someone v.senior at work and whilst I don’t need to let them win, I probably don’t want to completely embarrass them or get them hurt…. NyA would be too hard.

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

the mach (mach 1-3) trails..?

rhid

NYA Pendam trail would be pretty good, the Summit trail isn’t that taxing either if you take it easy!

takisawa2

Ignore me.
    Complete illiterate knob.
    Bleurgh.

Surfr
    Free Member

STW blindness to the phrase “NyA would be too hard” it seems.

The Mach 1,2,3 trails might be a goer although watch out for the Chute on the 3. , or you could plump for the Ystwyth/Rheidol trails which leave from town itself but are basically nice flat commuter routes through the valleys. hardpack or tarmac for the most part. How about driving to Nant-y-Moch and doing the Northern loop of the Syfydrin trail? That section is mostly open moorland, and lakeside. Or park at Pendam and loop out to Nant-y-Moch on the Syfydrin but return to the Pendam loop instead of routing down the Bont Goch descent.
    Righthand loop on this route:

Nick

Cheers, I just think that the climbs at NyA will be too much for someone who doesn’t ride much, plus it might be busy (bank holiday monday) which puts even more pressure on novice riders.

Of course he may come back and say to me go for it and whatever happenns your future career is not in the balance….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Beginners routes nr Aberystwyth’ is closed to new replies.