Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • begging in london, any tips?
  • spchantler
    Free Member

thought this would be perfect for a weekend argument…nicely please

bencooper
    Free Member

Sounds like he made a lot of people feel better about themselves – good on him.

slackalice
    Free Member

The point could be countered that the £50k would have been recirculated in the economy anyway, without him being involved.

Was he claiming any benefits at the same time? I can’t remember from reading the article if he was or not. If not, then in terms of police and court time and now, presumably benefits being paid, then it would seem the public purse is poorer for the asbo.

I am aware that begging patches are quite fiercely protected and guarded, more so the lucrative ones.

khani
    Free Member

If you get angry everytime someone does something you don’t agree with your going to lead a very angry life..
    Life’s too short to be angry all the time. As long as they’re not hurting people wgaf…

chewkw
    Free Member

I used to give to a beggar (with mental health issue) rather regularly when I see him. He does not say a word but put his palm out to beg. He does not look pitiful nor alcoholic, but only a little scruffy (sometimes rather fine) and looks a bit like David Attenborough on the tiring side in the jungle. As for other beggars I don’t give anything for whatever reason.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘begging in london, any tips?’ is closed to new replies.