Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Before the 'What are the conditions in the Peaks Post….'
  • excitable1
    Free Member

It is sh1tty, sh1tty & wet, sh1tty, sh1tty and soooo wet… Bradwell Edge is hilarious. I felt like a hippo trying to get down that and the bike was so sh1tted up the drive train wouldn’t work. I dipped the bike in the swollen and fast flowing river in Bradwell, cleaned it right up.

The descent off Hope Cross (where there isn’t normally a river)..

Post river wash..

…but still a good ride with some epic views…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is that first pic down towards the fluffy kitten?

excitable1
    Free Member

Don’t anything out there known by that name, but if you’re stood on top of Hope Cross looking foreword towards the Beast its the left hand descent down to Snake Pass.

SBrock
    Free Member

Blackley hay then

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ah, don’t normally see it from that direction. We come up there (roman road, blackley hey, potato alley) from the A57 and then down the beast (fluffy kitten) or off to edale. Normally come back up from Hope.

excitable1
    Free Member

Yep, Blackley Hey it is. I normally do the Beast(Fluffy Kitten), but I was trying some alternatives.

Parked at Mam Nick; dropped from Hollins Cross; climbed Jaggers Clough to Hope Cross; down Blackley Hay; Rowlee Farm to Crook Hill Farm; Round and across Ladybower to Thornhill; up Shatton Edge; down Bradwell Edge; through the concrete works; up Pin Dale; down Cave Dale; through Caslteton and up to Mam Tor; then out and back to the top of Rushup Edge (I was going to do the whole edge and drop
    into Barber Boot but I CBA with another road climb-especially with all the Lycra around). 43k 1500m up & down. Not a bad route and not the best of what’s there I know but not a bad route.

GPS available if anyone wants it. Just drop me an e-mail.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Before the 'What are the conditions in the Peaks Post….'’ is closed to new replies.