Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • before ordering one of these…..
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Evening…
    before ordering one of these bikes are there any other bike I should be considering or looking at?

cheers

daftvader
    Free Member

Bump…..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How was your test ride on that one? Would help you to compare it with others.

Oh, hold on…..

😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

The Nerve 29er?

It is a lot of cash to spend without a test ride.

daftvader
    Free Member

Of that I am aware… however thats not the question…. and its not far off on geometry from some of the bikes I have tested over the past 6 months or so.

boxelder

The equivalent Cube, with test and great service from a proper shop, like errrrrrr
    Cycle wise in Whinlatter

slackalice
    Free Member

You seem to have been quite thorough in your research and recall reading your thoughts on the other bikes you have tried and why they didn’t work for you, so if the Canyon, on paper, doesn’t share those characteristics, which on paper is down pretty much to numbers, then it’s possible that it will work well for you.

Alternatively, you could screw up the paper and lob it into the bin and go with your gut feeling and experience as to whether it’s going to be your next pride and joy. This was ultimately my approach last year, bought a frame I had not ridden and it was also so new that there were no reviews either. As it turns out, my intuition and experience were bang on and confirmed not only by how I felt on the bike on the first ride, but also on the 2nd ride with my old old riding buddy who turned round halfway through and commented that I looked as though I had been riding the bike for years, not days. 😀

Feel the force! 😉

daftvader
    Free Member

Cheers Slackalice, or should that be Master? 😆 still trying to budget my way to a pyga but its still waaaaaay too much. Maybe….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘before ordering one of these…..’ is closed to new replies.