• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by otsdr.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Before I resort to mole grips and ruin my wheel…
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

The non drive side end cap on my Hope Pro 2 Evo seems stuck.
    I watched this Hope video [video]https://youtu.be/DWdsthsTOw8[/video] on strip down (it’s within the first 10 seconds of the video) and it seems like it should just slide off.

I guess there’s a rubber o ring inside.

Mine won’t budge when just using my hands. Am I likely to do real damage with mole grips or are there other techniques I should use?

It’s a 142×12, FWIW, and I’m trying to replace bearings…

nwmlarge
    Free Member

hit it

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Molegrips and a rag and don’t clamp it too hard

sandwicheater

My one always sticks, have always had to use pliers. As Ashy suggests, use a rag.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Cheers!

superfli
    Free Member

Odd, I asked about a SS end cap doing this yesterday! I found it came off with help of GT85 to seep into oring.

Phil_H

An M6 rawl bolt will fit down the hollow axle, tighten it up so it expands and grips the end cap front the inside. Then you can grip the bolt with your pliers and pull it off.

coatesy
    Free Member

Rocking it usually helps too.

Cheezpleez

Put the whole hub in a deep fat fryer.*

Drop a small cube of bread in first and if it sizzles and browns, the oil is hot enough.

*Don’t.

Andy-R

I just nip the end 3mm in the vice, rock the wheel a bit and off it pops. Mole grips would do the same, I imagine.

otsdr
    Free Member

Rag, pliers, rocking; should come out eventually.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Before I resort to mole grips and ruin my wheel…’ is closed to new replies.