Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Before I post a classified ad…. what's it worth?….Yeti 575.
  • rich_959
    Free Member

2009 Yeti 575. RP23, Fox RLC, mixture of SLX/XT group, Thomson post/stem. Easton composite bars etc, etc. Size large, pewter colour. Half carbon, half alloy back end. Good all-round condition with a few scratches to the frame.

I bought it in the states last summer after hiring one for a few days, but now I’ve gone back to a hardtail which is more than enough for the sort of riding I do (getting old…) so the yeti is gathering dust.

Thing is, I have no idea what it’s worth. Any clues? I’m reluctant to put it on eBay just yet but will do if I don’t get any interest on the forums. I will of course post pics when I write the clasified ad. Thanks for your help folks.

Cheers,

Rich.

hora
    Free Member

£1200? (£600 for the frame etc etc) Or more broken down IMO.

damo2576
    Free Member

Probably about £500 all in but I’ll take it for £550?

rich_959
    Free Member

Nice try Damo!

Did wonder about breaking it down – just not sure if I can be bothered, and it’s a good bike with everything working so it’d be a shame to take it to bits.

But if you’re saying there could be a few hundred quid extra in selling it for spares then maybe I should reconsider…

damo2576
    Free Member

Dont forget to factor in the time to strip it down and ball ache of doing loads of ads and sending loads of parcels!

rickon
    Free Member

Yep – all of that kit will sell easily on here, it’s all standard credit card stuff… thomson, easton, fox, XT….

I would personally avoid eBay, because of the cost they’ll charge for selling £1200 worth of kit… circa £60. Which you’d be better off selling stuff at a slightly cheaper price to STW people, and sharing the benefits.

I could knock you up a list of how much each component is worth if you want to fire me a email…..

MussEd
    Free Member

rickon – that is an admirable service you’re offering there my friend. Would you be willing to do me one on a 2009 Trek Remedy 8?

rich_959
    Free Member

Very admirable indeed Rickon! Here we go…

Frame as above – Shimano BB and FSA headset included
    Fox 32 Vanilla RLC (black)- standard QR (couple of scuffs)
    RP23 – good cond.
    SLX crankset.
    XT front & rear mech/chain
    SLX brakes/rotors
    XT hubs and mavic 717 rims
    2.35 High roller tyres (which I’d probably keep)
    Yeti Saddle
    Thomson post
    Thomson Stem
    Easton Monkey Lite Composite bar.
    Salsa Seatpost Collar
    XT Skewers (scuffed rear).
    Peaty Grips (new)
    No pedals (keeping those).

Cheers!

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ve done you both a list.

£3.50 plus post for the lot , first to mail me gets the sale 😉

Jammy111
    Free Member

Frame as above- £600
    Fox 32 Vanilla RLC (black)- £200ish
    SLX crankse- £50
    XT front & rear mech/chain- £40
    SLX brakes/rotors- £80
    XT hubs and mavic 717 rims- £110
    Yeti Saddle- £15?
    Thomson post- £30
    Thomson Stem- £35
    Easton Monkey Lite Composite bar – £25
    Salsa Seatpost Collar- £10
    XT Skewers (scuffed rear)-£10
    Peaty Grips (new)-£10

MussEd- If you want to email me the details of the remedy to jammy111@gmail.com ill do one for that as well

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

them prices seem fair..

rich_959
    Free Member

Forgot the shifters… can’t remember if they’re SLX or XT…

rich_959
    Free Member

Cheers folks – interesting to see how it adds up, but if I could get the right price for the bike as a whole I’d still rather do that. I’ll post the classified soon and see how I get on.

Thanks again people.

lalazar
    Free Member

Rich I sold mine last year.Ten months old X9 transmission Hope M4s Pro2 wheels and air Pikes
    Was in good nick and I got £2000. My mate sold his six months ago in Team colours for £2250.

Just thought Ide give you a bit of guide.

br
    Free Member

I would personally avoid eBay, because of the cost they’ll charge for selling £1200 worth of kit… circa £60.

Between eBay and PayPal the charges will be nearer £180.

Jammy111
    Free Member

yep, ebay/paypal take ~15%

rich_959
    Free Member

Cheers for that Lalazar, good to know.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Before I post a classified ad…. what's it worth?….Yeti 575.’ is closed to new replies.