Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Before I go for a Hasbean starter pack
  • scratch
    Free Member

Anything else worth a look? Probably non-espresso for now.

chewkw
    Free Member

Go for Daterra Sunrise beans if you can find them.

But watch out for the fake ones (that tell you they are the same) because the beans are large-ish but not as big as those elephant beans (no reference to the elephant balls) and should be about medium to dark roast. Not dark roast.

Find them and try it – Americano style.

My local roaster used to stock them until they ran out of stock and started stocking something else but told me they were the same … ya right … I stopped buying from them since.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Try your local roaster

If you are in the Bristol area I highly recommend Brian Wogan coffeee

k-sugden
    Free Member

Have a look http://www.garraways.co.uk they only sell 1kg bags but plenty of choice and usually roasted a couple of days before they are delivered I buy it by the case but I probably drink too much coffee.

scratch
    Free Member

Haha! I’m in the wild Welsh Valleys…If I ask for a local roaster, jeepers, I have no idea where that’d go….

I’m not that far from Bristol tbh, I’ll keep it in mind, but I hardly ever pop back over the bridge.

maccruiskeen

A lot of my Hasbean faves are in the (filter) starter pack.

I started out with one of their ‘in my cup’ subs, keeping the packs of ones I liked best and reordering those. Now days though half of what I’d order is already in the starter pack so I get that plus a few bags of anything ‘Finca’ with the word ‘caramel’ in the notes and I’m rarely disappointed.

epicsteve
    Free Member

We still include a starter pack when ordering from Hasbean – it’s good value.

vrapan
    Free Member

No complains I get those for work good stuff. I wouldn’t mind some more variety but as I say that is for work so I don’t care.

For home I get this Squaremile filter and also their Espresso one. So I get 850gr coffee a month which is fine.

I prefer those cause every month you get a different kind of coffee.

eruptron
    Free Member
    ScottChegg
    Free Member

I tried the Hasbean starter kit; I wasn’t that struck with the selection.

They were all a bit samey and insipid for my palate/equipment. I need something with more of a wallop in the morning.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Before I go for a Hasbean starter pack’ is closed to new replies.