Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Beever or bonty mud x
  • jonnyrockymountain

Which ones is the preferred, ie best at rolling/grip, I have only used mud x and like them but just wondered about the beevers?

jam-bo

Tried both, prefer the beaver 2.25. Just a bit more volume.

Now on forekasters

dantsw13

For pure mud plugging mud X. I’ve moved on to a Michelin wild mud now, as its better in mixed conditions, with a Magic Mary on the front.

njee20
    Free Member

Beavers are very slow, but bags of grip. Mud Xs are (marginally) quicker but not quite as grippy. Not really much in it. I use Beavers currently.

zippykona

Just to even it up I love bonty MUDs. My pet hate with mountain biking was the front end washing out when entering mud patches. MUDs don’t do that.
    I used to be a total tyre swapper now I just leave them on all year. Roll really fast.
    Never used a beaver though.

adsh
    Free Member

Don’t be tempted by the lightweight race flavour Beavers – very puncture prone.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’ve used 2.1 Mud X and also the narrorwer Beavers (can’t remember size).

Mud X are amazing in thick gloopy mud, they dig in and shed great, they’re amazing on off camber stuff. I also found them fine for all other use, I don’t remember ever being nervous on rocks or mud with them.

Beavers are nowhere near as confidence inspiring in any situation, but there is a higher volume one that you could try. Personally I’m very dissapointed they don’t do the Mud in 27.5 or else I’d be throwing the Beavers out.

I’m using Continental Baron on the front and a Purgatory on the rear at the moment instead of more mud specific tyres and have a good deal of grip in most conditions with this combo 🙂

philjunior
    Free Member

I’ve only tried the mud X, found it great for grip however a bit pinch puncture prone on the rear. This may be down to my weight/clumsiness/riding a hardtail/the phase of the moon/the trails I happened to ride over 2 weekends resulting in 2 unsealable flats.

If you want a second hand mud X 29×2.0 I’ve got one kicking about with one plug in it (I reckon the other pinch flat will seal, just not partway through a ride).

jonnyrockymountain

thanks guy’s ill stick with the mud x then

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Beever or bonty mud x’ is closed to new replies.