Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Beer Ute
  • Ed-O
    Free Member

Just in case you haven’t seen it yet, here is even more justification for having a utility bike.

From konaworld.com – click for a bit more

matt_outandabout

8)

*places order*

miketually
    Free Member

Did the first beer run on my Mundo on Saturday. Just bungeed a ten-pack of Becks Vier to the rack. It gets rather shaken up…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BigDummy
    Free Member

This is awesome. 8)

Ed-O
    Free Member

Maybe Dry Martinis would be the way to make the most of the shaking.

sheldona
    Free Member

Nice, altough far too many tubes for the antinichestablishment from this forum 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes, but those tubes are functional, Sheldona… 😉

WANT.

AdamM
    Free Member

I can see one of these in my future… 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

serious question, whats wrong with a trailer?

miketually
    Free Member

serious question, whats wrong with a trailer?

I ride my cargo bike to work every day, so if I find a kayak, ladder, beer or a supermodel in a ditch on my way home, I can just lash them to the bike. I wouldn’t have a trailer with me, unless I was deliberately going out to get something; by the time I got back to the ditch, Ed-O will have nabbed all the goodies!

I could get a kayak, ladder, beer and a supermodel onto the back of my Mundo, too. I’ve not seen many bike trailers that will manage that yet.

BigDummy
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – this is an entirely valid point. It is addressed at some length on Xtracycle’s website.

The point they make is that using the longtail is no different really to using any other bike – you just get used to it and it handles marvellously well. With a trailer you have to take the conscious decision to take it with you, whereas with the longtail the carrying capability is always there if you decide you need it. This makes it easier to integrate your bike into what you’re doing.

Also, and this is crucial, a lot of riders seem to find that carrying a (adult) passenger is the most fun part of it, and the bit they do most often. 🙂

Anybody wants a play with mine I live in SW and work in Central London and am happy to meet up.

Jon

miketually
    Free Member

I think Jon meant [http://www.xtracycle.com/home/hitchless-trailer/compare/]this site[/url]

AdamM
    Free Member

And I think Mike actually meant to write it so it looked a bit like this site

😉

james
    Free Member

Does the ute not have a rear (cable) disc brake? What about just the mounts?

I find myself strangely wanting a ute/big dummy/mungo .. I really don’t know why

Ed-O
    Free Member

Does the ute not have a rear (cable) disc brake? What about just the mounts?

Rear V brake and no disc mounts. Odd, but still effective. Same Avid cable levers front and rear.

miketually
    Free Member

Yes, he did 😳

postierich
    Free Member

Beer should be cold! and shaded from the Sun!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I currently have a V-brake on the back end of my Dummy. Not had any problems with it at all.

Nick

Doesn’t look like it will take bottles of Jennings too well, does anyone know if Timothy Taylor Landlord will fit?

miketually
    Free Member

Beer should be cold! and shaded from the Sun!

*hatches plan involving cooler boxes, water, ice, bungee cords and beer*

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Beer Ute’ is closed to new replies.