Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Beer trick – how can recreate this?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Full bottle of beer inverted in a glass with no top on. No beer flows until you lift the bottle

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UM6DdJ]BeerTrick[/url] by WCA!, on Flickr

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s going to be a terrible pour.

Completely the wrong shape of glass.

pictonroad

An upside down glass on a bottle, hold them together and invert it.

Or am I missing the ‘trick’ bit?

CountZero

Completely the wrong shape of glass.

While I’m not obsessive about what glass my beer gets served in, I only insist that it stays in the glass until I get it to my mouth, there’s something about that one that doesn’t look ‘right’ somehow.
    My now regular drinking place has heavy glass tankards, and I now insist on having those, unless they’ve all been used.
    Great for carrying two pints in one hand.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Easy to say, now post a video where it actually works. The bottle top to glass bottom seal is difficult to achieve. Try it.

Yes, wrong glass but the correct Duval glasses I have do not lend themselves to this trick, especially if it doesn’t go perfectly.

Cougar

Or am I missing the ‘trick’ bit?

Well, yeah, I thought that was pretty obvious?

A funner trick is to do it on a table with someone’s pint glass and a beer mat. Then, whip out the beer mat…

While I’m not obsessive about what glass my beer gets served in,

If I’m not mistaken that’s a bottle of Duvel, and the Belgians are very particular about their beer being in the right glass. Holidaying in Brussels I once had one in a glass that wouldn’t stand up on its own and came with its own little “test tube holder” type stand to prop it up in. IIRC the Duvel one is a short-stemmed glass a bit like a brandy snifter only with a flared mouth (similar to the Stella ones that crop up here occasionally).

scrumfled
    Free Member

That sounds like kwak. glass very similar to mini yard of ale?

joat

Seriously…?
    With your history.
    Get a responsible adult to pour it for you, drink it whilst sitting down and don’t get up ’til you’re sober.

km79
    Free Member

Check trick number 2

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUQHyhYCuwI[/video]

user-removed
    Free Member

Start with a decent sized bottle of beer 🙂 That’s just about enough to entertain a mouse or perhaps a hedgehog at best.

maccruiskeen

The bottle top to glass bottom seal is difficult to achieve.

It easy to achieve if the bottle is already empty and thats a picture of your washing up 🙂

neilnevill
    Free Member

wipe a wet finger around the rim of the bottle to aid the seal, then put the upturned glass on it.

theotherjonv

I’m also guessing that it’s not just the seal but that as the beer tries to come out of the bottle, it’s leaving a vacuum behind in the upturned bottom that then resists the beer coming out.

scaredypants

easier with water as it’s not at all fizzy – with beer you’ll need to invert carefully so it doesn’t froth and blow the seal

jag61

beer lolly? freeze it and wait
    (might not be thought through fully)

globalti
    Free Member

The next trick is to half-pour the beer then dunk the bottle neck into it so that the foam gets sucked back into the bottle. Probably frowned upon by Belgians though.

Cougar

That sounds like kwak. glass very similar to mini yard of ale?

That sounds about right, aye.

plyphon
    Free Member

Start with a decent sized bottle of beer That’s just about enough to entertain a mouse or perhaps a hedgehog at best.

I’ve made this mistake before. Duvel is 8% if I remember, not to be taken lightly!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sort of related question. With “live” beers like Duvel, where they contain brewing sediment, do you pour carefully leaving the sediment in the bottom of the bottle with a little bit of beer, pour carefully most of the beer, then swill the small remainder to loosen the sediment and then pour into your drink, or something else?
    I know with UK bottle conditioned beers that you’re supposed to leave the sediment in the bottle, but foreign beers??

sbob
    Free Member

You don’t pour all the beer at once.
    Enjoy the clear beer first then end up with all the sedimentary goodness to finish.

bigyinn
    Free Member

sbob – Member

You don’t pour all the beer at once.
    Enjoy the clear beer first then end up with all the sedimentary goodness to finish.
    Shits to follow?

sbob
    Free Member

You don’t get the shits from beer sediment.
    One of my favourite brewers doesn’t use any finings so a lot of his stuff is cloudy, still all good.

https://bexarcountybrewery.com/

Peterborough’s only redeeming feature.

Murray

Coopers catchphrase used to be “cloudy but fine”

Murray

Coopers catchphrase used to be “cloudy but fine”

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Beer trick – how can recreate this?’ is closed to new replies.