Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Beer – This first half is confirmed
  • BigBikeBash
    Free Member

There is a certain festival I cannot mention that as well as featuring bikes and live music all weekend has a real ale festival. The first 5 real ales featured have now been confirmed.

I give you from: Art Brew –

Art Nouveau 3.9%
    If you like your hop content high, but your abv low, this golden session ale is ideal. We've packed it with four different hops to make this beer full of flavour despite being just 3.9%.

Hip Hop 4.3%
    A clean, crisp single hopped golden ale. Take a journey into the fantastic variety of flavours different hops provide. These beers are designed to showcase the hip hop used and the hop is named to let you know which one you're experiencing. The base recipe and abv is always the same.

Barbury Castle 3.9%

Balanced, easy drinking pale ale with a wonderful aroma and a hoppy, spicy palate.

Vale Ale 4.3%

Golden coloured smooth ale with a fruity palate and a strong floral aroma.

Stoned 4.4%

A Straw coloured well hopped beer with bitter overtones and an intense Citrus flavour that lingers to the end. A refreshing summer ale.

The next range will be announced when they are finalised.

Clearly it would be unethical of me to try and promote the website but if you put www in front of my user name and .co.uk at the end then see what happens.

bullheart
    Free Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I love you BBB. You're very special to me!

DISCLAIMER: All in a non-gay way.

allthepies
    Free Member

Three Castles ales are very good 🙂

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

petesgaff – Man Hug back to you.

juan
    Free Member

can we get a taxis like service or something?
    I'll be a skint lazy tight arse and I'll be flying with nothing… No car no tent nothing… So basically I am in need of a lift 😀

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Juan – i can probably drive you there and back

robdob
    Free Member

Depending on if I have a friend who comes with me I might be able to help. I'll be stopping at Peterpoddys on the Thursday night. I assume you are nearby.

luke
    Free Member

If anyone has any ales from Hampshire, Dorset or Wiltshire brewers they'd like to see at The Big Bike Bash then post up on here and we'll see what we can do, but no gaurentee's.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Luke I know its a bit common (they even sell it in sainsbury's!) but I loooooove Hall & Woodhouse's Blandford Fly, and i have never found it on tap before (too far away i s'pose). But hell, I'll try any ale twice! 😀

luke
    Free Member

Blandford fly is popular, but for some reason Hall and Woodhouse don't do it on tap.
    I'll ask them if there able to do it as a one off, whats the worst that could happen?

yamyamblade
    Free Member

neighbour owns acorn brewery in Barnsley and sure he could sort something out if you require, good ale won loads of awards etc

Harry_the_Spider

Are you talking about this? 😉

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/

It looks mint.

bruneep

nae Skol?

luke
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer yamyamblade, but ideally all the ales, and the cider as well will be localish, and Barnsley is a bit far north, for me to collect intime for it to be set up properly for the event.

Harry_the_Spider, that is indeed the event thanks for finding a link.

julianwilson, I've asked the question re Blandford Fly and am awaiting an answer.

bruneep, last year we said no Stella, but i'll add there will be no Skol either, hopefully there will be an interesting assortment of lager's this year, as soon as the list is confirmed I'll get a post up.

julianwilson
    Free Member

After driving off sober at 3pm on the sunday last year, mrs Julian has booked a 3rd night at avon tyrell so she can help you finish the barrels. 😆

singletrackmind

Flack Manor.- Double Drop *Romsey
    FFF .-Altons Pride *Four Marks
    Bowmans .- Quiver *Soberton
    Oakleaf.-I Cant believe its not bitter *Gosport
    Itchen Valley .- Pure Gold / Hambledon / Ginger Bitter
    Hambledon ie brewed with Elderflower and Honey, Ginger bitter is brewed with . .. . . .GINGER

luke
    Free Member

Flack manor haven't replied to my enquiry.
    FFF- a possibility
    Bowmans- We had Quiver, wallops wood and elderado.
    Oakleaf- are a strong contender
    Itchen valley- We had Pure gold and Godfathers, Still considering Pure Gold for a come back.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

+1 for Pure Gold

luke
    Free Member

The main man has spoken, Pure Gold will be making a comeback this year.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If anyone has any ales from Hampshire, Dorset or Wiltshire brewers they'd like to see at The Big Bike Bash then post up on here and we'll see what we can do, but no gaurentee's.

I live very close to the Hogs Back Brewery and work about a mile away. They are very popular around here, indeed we had Hogs Back TEA at our wedding reception. If you like I could pick up a barrel and bring it down with me?

Email in profile 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

luke – Member

The main man has spoken, Pure Gold will be making a comeback this year.

….the errrr, 'source' of Rudeboygate last year, non?

Drac

Highest 4.4% yup certainly a southern big bike bash then.

luke
    Free Member

Pure golds 4.8%
    How strong do you want? The idea is to be able to have fun and still be able to ride a bike the next day.
    There may well be something stronger added to the line up in the next few days but it won't be over 5.2%.

peteimpreza

Gales HSB?

luke
    Free Member

Hogs back T.E.A is a cracking pint, but comes from out of the area, I'm trying to keep all the ales from.
    Gales beers are now brewed in Chiswick so again outside of the area.

Drac

5.2% is bit more like it. You can still drink stronger beers and ride the next day.

I can't get anyway so no matter.

singletrackmind

Apparently Rudeboygate was the entire fault of Pure Gold and its creator.
    Maybe a cask of 'Ginger Tom' at 3.6% for the wee lad to sup at this years event might save us all from embarresment.

Andwell Brewery Gold Muddler has good reveiws too.

So much beer : So little time

luke
    Free Member

We had Andwells Resolute and another of theres last year iirc it may well have been Gold muddler.

thomthumb
    Free Member

can we have more cider and lager please.please

last year it had all sold out by the time i got to the bar! 🙁

don't like brown beer.

luke
    Free Member

Of course we can are, I'm just about to trial some cider, and plans are afoot to increase the quality and quantity of the lager, but there will not be any Stella for sale, so it's not worth asking.
    Hopefully the lager will be from some smaller producers like the ales.
    Some of the beers are available from MyBreweryTap if you want to try them before or after the event, they also kindly sponsor the beer tent for the BigBikeBash so without them we'd be without a marquee.

luke
    Free Member

Ok I've just got home to a lovely letter from Hall & Woodhouse, as suspected there unable to do Blandford fly on draught. But due there generosity there will be Blandford fly available in bottles.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Woo Hoo!

You have got to love this party organisation stuff. I just shout about the event and all these lovely people make it happen. One day I will be found out for the fraud I am!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Beer – This first half is confirmed’ is closed to new replies.