Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Beer recommendation
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Beer

“Zesty light amber ale with a malty character and a hoppy, floral bouquet. “

Just like me.

Cougar

Surely that’s a description designed to appeal to anyone who likes beer? It’s like a Trump campaign speech.

Also, given your username is it not cannibalism?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

It’s like a Trump campaign speech.

Way to put me off 🙁

(EDIT: … although TBH, trading on the whole ‘Jurassic’ thing does a pretty good job of that, too.)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yup that description is a bit like describing a red wine as ‘red and tastes of grapes’ 🙂

I just brewed a pale ale based on Fullers Wild river but with english hops #considerablymorehipsterthanyou

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

As we all know, this is the original and true Dorset Knob:

I actually don’t like what the brewing company did there – just lifted someone else’s product name with a Dorset connection, and re-used it with apparently no mention or recognition. Shoddy.

globalti
    Free Member

A Dorset Knob is a generic name, like a Wiltshire Lardy Cake or a Chorley Cake. It can’t be copyrighted, unless you are the Champagne Growers’ or Scotch Whisky Producers’ Association with money to afford a good lawyer.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

haha yeah

maccruiskeen

I thought maybe you’d landed a sponsorship deal

hodgynd
    Free Member

Not sure if you want other beer recommendations..or if it was just a plug ..
    But if you want another ..here is my favourite from a local brewery
    http://www.allendalebrewery.com/beers/golden-plover

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I thought maybe you’d landed a sponsorship deal

haha

FWIW, my favourite (Dorset) beer is Palmers.

You’ll be needing plenty of that to wash all your generic Dorset Knobs down.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Beer recommendation’ is closed to new replies.