Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Beer, real beer
  • Cougar

I’ve yet to find a Brew Dog beer I like.

I find this massively disappointing as I love their philosophy and want to like their products. Just, everything I’ve tried so far has been terrible. Punk IPA is a disgrace of a beer.

NZCol

^ I agree , while i love the philosophy I am not a fan of their beer.

messiah
    Free Member

I used to think Brew Dog was overhyped until I started visiting the Brew Dog Pub. I wasn’t a huge fan of the Brew Dog stuff in bottles but from the tap is a different kettle of fish… especially their collaborations with other brewers.

Brew Dog are not going after the CAMRA style of beer so perhaps it’s no surprise that those who like “real ales” are not fans. Punk IPA is what it says it is… it’s inspired by IPA’s but is pretty out there due to the bitter hoppyness of it. I find one bottle refreshing but at the end of the bottle I’ll have something else.

I’ll stop now… I just love how we now have so many choices of beers because brewers are doing fantastic things with beer… cheers!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MadPierre

Local beer festival this weekend 😀

glenh
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    I haven’t had a proper ale in ages. Used to love Hobgoblin but I went off dark ales after a hefty bout of the shits after a beer festival

You aren’t supposed to recycle the beer!

RE: brewdog – I’ve yet to try one of their beers that I don’t like. They are awesome – like beer, but more.

onewheelgood

I’m going here in a couple of weeks. Getting excited already! Fingers crossed that Texas Ranger is on tap when I’m there.

messiah
    Free Member

You lucky git… the Mikkeller (and Evil Twin*) beers are some of the best I’ve had.

*Evil Twin is Mikkeller’s twin brother.

soobalias
    Free Member

no point just sitting there arguing about beer.

there are between forty and fifty different beers available this weekend at two beer festivals in well respected chilterns pubs.

i expect to see some of you there.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cougar, the heavy stuff is served in halves, and rightly so!

Messiah, most of the ET and Mikkeler stuff is readily available here in that London…! [Smug] 🙂 [/Smug]

rewski
    Free Member

Punk IPA is a disgrace of a beer.

Really? It’s ok not to like something, our palates are all different, I personally find all those Hobble-de-goblin Witches Drop Druids Finger type cask ales drab and predictable, like a malty stagnant puddle thats been filtered through Terry Pratchett’s sock. But if people enjoy them then great.

I wish I had bought shares in Brewdog when I had the chance.

@ onewheelgood – the DE MOLEN: TURF & VEEN is interesting, seriously smokey, not to my taste.

Kernel IPA’s are very nice, as it Racer 5 from US.

jimster
    Free Member

Hopefully off up the Nags this evening for a couple of pints of Bathams.

We must remember to support our local pubs or there’ll be no where for these local breweries to sell their wears, and to keep the communities going.

rewski
    Free Member

We must remember to support our local pubs

Obviously I do when I can but mail order or buying direct from the brewery is sometimes more convenient.

messiah
    Free Member

We must remember to support our local pubs or there’ll be no where for these local breweries to sell their wears, and to keep the communities going.

I did last night

Fyne Ales Superior IPA and Red IPA were outstanding.

unklehomered
    Free Member

New seasonal ale from Black Sheep

tried some this week, but was driving so could only have the one. So unfair. Could sip that all night very happily (deleriously happy by the end of the night I imagine…) .

Few years ago found a pub with this in for a month or two… also very very nice. Apparently only available in november… pity. But i think I found it in bottles once as well… try it if you see it is my advice.

grievoustim
    Free Member

, like a malty stagnant puddle thats been filtered through Terry Pratchett’s sock. But if people enjoy them then great.

Applause

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Currently drinking a Struisse Outblack but following it up with a Castle Rock Screech Owl so doing my bit for british brewing. In brussels on tuesday and planning to pick up some belgian rarities (including some mikkeller colabs)

Kevevs
    Free Member

some stellas. Drinking stella is really going to depreciate my feelings actions and thoughts like any booze!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just got home from a day trip away to find one of these waiting for me.

Oh my….It’s stunning.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Beer, real beer’ is closed to new replies.