• This topic has 53 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by luke.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Beer prices at Real Ale Festivals
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

kronos – you're going to the wrong pubs.

nbt

Harry_the_Spider – Member

£3 a pint at HtN. Any less and the bar man said he wouldn't cover his expenses.

nice beer it was too. hic.

rob2
    Free Member

Price low, get people in, they'll spend more as its cheap, they get drunk faster as cheap, so they spend more and then make money on food when people get the munchies.

£2.20 😀

Then do raffles and stuff for extra charity money.

Northerner living down south 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My local is £3.10 – £3.30 a pint anything under £3 is cheap these days Town centre right now its more expensive than that

luke
    Free Member

Well a quick look on the net has beer stillage hire (the thing you rack the beer on) at £300 for 4 days hire this holds 6 ales or £0.69 per pint as you will only have 1 beer per space over 4 days to allow for settling, the same unit costs over £1700 to buy, this is a bit over kill for most people, but to get a usable system for less will still cost a fair bit.
    A wooden tap, which is probably only usable once will add 9p to your pint, a plastic one even more.
    A plastic glass is a couple of pence.
    The rest of the equipment costs add up as well if your not going to rent a complete system.
    For last years event I traveled over 720 miles collecting the beers and returning the empties to save a few quid off the purchase price, this year the distance won't be as high but then fuel costs rise.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

Town centre right now its more expensive than that

Town centre is ridick! full of yupee types throwing cash around.

geoffj

If you want to make some more money, get yourself down to the supermarket and stock up on the big pack beer deals. With the 3 for 2 offers etc., you can pick up bottles of Becks for about 50p and punt them on at £1.50. Of course, its not everyones favourite tipple, but neither is Timonthy Taylor's landlord etc….

And if you get it from Tesco they do sale or return on unopened packs.

singletrackmind

OK how many plastic taps and swan necks would you like to borrow??
    I can probably muster up around 8 – 10 .
    Stillages, yep , have some of those but people nick them so never sure how many at any one time. I will happily return any casks within a 10 mile radius of work.

As for decent people liking folk music , get real.
    I hate the way Camra only have 'folk' music at festivals, Woking has a Wurltizer which is abit Cpt Nemo . But thats all you get . No I dont like Fairport Convention , or Lead Zeppilin . they can Cock Off as well .
    Overated old hippies / one hit wonders . Bit like having Arcade Fire HEADLINING Reading and Leeeds.
    In a Mark and Lard styleee WWWWHHHHHoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

singletrackmind

Plastic Glasses , lined .- Yep deffo got some halfs, not sure on lined pints. Will confirm tomorrow how many I lay my hands on .

luke
    Free Member

The glasses arrived today.
    I've already invested in a stillage so that's taken care of and for this year I have most of the taps I need.
    Singletrackmind, your not Rob from Itchen Valley are you?

peteimpreza

Yes he is.

luke
    Free Member

excellent, if I could grab a couple of plastic taps then rob to go with the beers were getting from you it would be good, then we'll be able to avoid last years wooden tap leakage problems.

singletrackmind

No Worries , will put them to one side

luke
    Free Member

Thanks, I'm picking the beers up on Wednesday with Nick.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Beer prices at Real Ale Festivals’ is closed to new replies.