Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Beer, Lager n'that
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Having had a look at this article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21541887

It appears that it’s yellow fizzy muck that I drink. My knowledge of beer and lager goes about as far as something I might see in a film or like the look of based on the label, hence trying this last night

http://digboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/sam.jpg

Which was reet nice, But what else should I be trying?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I prefer Czech lager compared to any other – Staropramen, Pilsner Urquel one of those… better than any american craft beer i’ve tried.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sam Adams isn’t bad, but there’s much nicer out there.

If you can get your hands on anything from Bristol Beer Factory, they do some American IPAs and a wonderful hybrid called Bitter Californian.

Probably best to buy a mixed case from an online beer seller and see what you like. Some American IPAs are wonderful, but some of them are very very strong tasting, and if you’ve been a lager drinker (nowt wrong with a cold bottle of lager on a sunny summer’s day y’know), they might not float your boat.

Just try different stuff and prepare to sometimes taste something you might not like. 🙂

EDIT: Oh, it seems you’re asking about lagers? If so, then, sorry.

BoardinBob

Blue Moon is my current favourite

BobaFatt
    Free Member

EDIT: Oh, it seems you’re asking about lagers? If so, then, sorry.

Both to be honest, not fussy, I suppose my fascination with all things American is pushing me towards to US end of the market rather than the hobgoblins and spitfires

Blue Moon is my current favourite

Saw that in Morrisons but haven’t taken the plunge. Going to try and source Brooklyn at some point as Tesco apparantley stock it

corroded
    Free Member

That Brooklyn lager is excellent.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

one of my locals does Red Stripe, Jamacan Lager Beer at its best, so if you are ever doing the new trails in South Wales at Blaengarw pop into The Braichy Cymmer, rather good steak baguette with homemade chips too

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Just found Brooklyn in my local Sainsburys, so that’ll be on the menu this evening with a film

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Fullers Honey Dew is pretty amazing I think!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You can keep yer lager. I’ve just got my self outside of one of these;

kevj
    Free Member

The posh pub I had tea my evening meal in last night had bottles of Budweiser Budvar. I may have over indulged slightly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Dado rail?

*shudders*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s not at Casa Flash, Darcy!

rewski
    Free Member
    john_drummer
    Free Member

my local Safeway Waitrose has some nice brews – both ales and lagers. Perhaps your does too

jonnyrockymountain

Brooklyn lager on draught in my local Italian (mozzerella’s in Marsden, Huddersfield)
    But I prefer either Erdinga or Peroni grand reserva

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Well having had 2 bottles of Brooklyn, i can happily say that I am quite impressed.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

ceaser augustus (saintjamies) is a lovely lager/beer crosser brew worth seeking out

Brilliant, this gives me the perfect excuse to reel off one of my favourite yet slightly lame jokes:

‘What does a bottle of Budweiser and a couple having sex in the berth of a yacht have in common’?

‘They’re both f*cking close to water’

IGMC

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Beer, Lager n'that’ is closed to new replies.