Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Beer in a bag.
  • Mooly
    Free Member

Does anyone remember , and this was probably 20 years ago, you used to be able to by home brew kits in that you could hang on the back of your door.
    The idea was simple. Rock up to Boots with your tenner, buy the bag which had all the ingredients in expect water, take it home , put in a couple of pints of boiling water in, I cant remember the exact quantity, top up with the remaining amount of cold water, hang on the back of a door for a few weeks and bobs your uncle,. beer on tap.
    I know this wasn`t just a fantasy so there mus be someone out there that also used or knew someone who used one of these kits.
    Hands up.

piemonster

I seem to remember my Dad doing something like this, iirc the beer was pretty awful.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I had one 25 years ago. Had one pint and lobbed the rest out of the window. Which was spectacular. I lived in a tower block.

Mooly
    Free Member

But surely as time has moved on and the skills and industry of home brewing has developed this could well now be a viable option?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve had a few and they have made rather good beer (for a kit anyhow), not seen them in the shops for years though.

piemonster

But surely as time has moved on and the skills and industry of home brewing has developed this could well now be a viable option?

Not really that much in beer to be honest. Still much the same stuff in ale now as it was 30 years ago.

It’s the execution of the brewing that counts.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I remember them but was too young to buy one myself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Beer in a bag.’ is closed to new replies.