Beer – I love it

Home Forum Chat Forum Beer – I love it

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Beer – I love it
  • CountZero

A statement of fact that I wholeheartedly concur with. I will be enjoying a couple of pints of Bath Ales Gem, later this evening.
    And the can of Sapporo I had with my sushi last night was just exactly the right thing to drink. 😀

wobbliscott

Went for the last summer ride with some work colleagues on Wednesday. Its basically a pub crawl on bikes but often we can cover a good 30 – 40 miles. Had a couple of beers from the Thornbridge Brewery namely Jaipur and a Summer Ale called Reverend. I’m drooling just typing this. Quite possibly the nicest beer i’ve ever drank – and i’ve drank a few in my time.

piemonster

That is all…..hic.

Premier Icon debaser
    Subscriber

mmm beer, this evening I have enjoyed a couple of bottles of

&

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Jaipur – goes down a treat and destroys your head the next morning….

JEngledow

I only drink beer so the dog can have the empty box to play with:

butcher

Quite enjoying this at the moment.

benz

Cock o’ the walk has just slipped down my throat….and very nice it was!

Williams bros Scottish Red Ale…….

Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

Hmmm bottle of peroni after sailing today. Although the weeks earlier tipples were landlord and trusty ferret.

Premier Icon P20
    Subscriber

Workie Ticket done. Off to the cupboard and see whats next

john_drummer

sorry butcher, but that’s not IPA, it’s dishwater 😉

IPA was brewed strong with LOADS of hops so it could survive the long sea journey to India (the ‘I’ in IPA); a 3.5% beer would have been vinegar by the time it got to India

Jaipur is much nearer an IPA than GK will ever achieve. St Peters’ IPA is also very nice, as is Fullers Bombay Lancer.

and for those who’ve only ever had Bud/Millers/Coors, try some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (other American IPAs are available) & then say that American beer is pish

mudmonster

Got a bottle of Trappistes Rochefort No 10 in the fridge. 11.3 Vol but really drinkable.

johndoh

John-drummer – do you get the BrewDog promo bumph too?

john_drummer

nope. BrewDog stuff is ok if a little over-priced (hey, if you brew your own, everything is overpriced!)

I prefer Sierra Nevada Pale Ale to BrewDog Punk IPA.

I’m also partial to:

St Austell Proper Job
    Thornbridge Jaipur
    Oakham Citra
    Thwaites Tavern Porter
    Fullers Black Cab Stout
    Adnams Ghost Ship
    York Breweries Minster Ale

and of course, when I’m in Ireland, Guinness (looks down at sweatshirt to check spelling). It IS better over there 😉

B.A.Nana

john_drummer – Member

I’m also partial to:

Adnams Ghost Ship
    Oh, I’m on that tonight 🙂

john_drummer

I need the recipe

but I suspect it’s probably 98% pale malt, 2% torrefied wheat, and a combination of Centennial & Cascade hops…

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Never seen that Jaipur anywhere. Spose I need to just go to the right place. Seems to be pretty popular logged drink on untappd (at least by others I know that use that app).

Innis+Gunn Rum Cask and Youngs Double Choclit Stout are 2 most recent beverages I’ve partaken in, and would like to try again.

Actually /me starts adding to the wishlist…

Premier Icon stu170
    Subscriber

Got ratted on jaipur once.went down so so well

john_drummer

Jaipur in bottles at Waitrose

Premier Icon scandal42
    Subscriber

Bombay Lancer is a cracker.

Ubu by purity is currently high on my list.

bob_summers

Home brewing starts this month for me, first time doing all grain (and last time brewing anything was 15 year ago). Planning to do a 10 litre stove top brew using a summer lightning recipe from the camra home brew book. It’s not working out so cheap so far as all the ingredients have to be shipped to Spain, postage on 25kg of Maris Otter is 😯

Ps.. Massive difference in IPAs anyway… Compare a US style or brew dog with, say Deuchars. I know which I’d rather drink!

Premier Icon alexpalacefan
    Subscriber

Real Ale in the pub FTW.
    Everything else is second rate.

APF

yunki

APF +1

I am also a fan of whichever of the two guest ales at £2.10 a pint is strongest..

Any more detail than that is stamp collecting territory (except for maybe john_drummer there who is sounding more like the Gandalph of Grog every day)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Beer – I love it’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top