Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Beer-hating skinny cyclists
  • TooTall
    Free Member

Miserable malnourished runts the lot of them. If your body is such a temple, why are you even wasting time posting on here? You could be out beasting yourself some more.
    I miss living in the Chilterns because the best aspect of mountain biking there is the ability to use miles of trails and singletrack to visit pubs without going near roads.

I prefer the inclusive end of cycling. The exclusive end is full of hard-faced overly-competitive people who only see one aspect of riding a bike and take themselves rather too seriously at times.

pitduck
    Free Member

amen 🙄

Right on!

Grim Faced Competitive Types belong on the road

crikey
    Free Member

Billy goat for breakfast?
    Nom nom nom….

rOcKeTdOg

you've forgotten about the short-arse/normal height difference too

househusband

Amen, brother!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Erm excuse me, I'm a beer hating skinny cyclist but I'm in no way competitive or profaced, don't you oppress me mister egg on legs!

piha
    Free Member

Erm excuse me, I'm a beer/cake/biscuit loving skinny cyclist but I'm in no way competitive or profaced, don't you oppress me mister egg on legs! 😀

mogrim

I prefer the inclusive end of cycling. The exclusive end is full of hard-faced overly-competitive people who only see one aspect of riding a bike and take themselves rather too seriously at times.

Ah, the irony of the inclusive cyclist excluding anyone who doesn't fit into his chubbyarsed slowriding idea of MTB!

lyons
    Free Member

Mr mutt and piha +1

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Not another overweight thread ?

mogrim

Not another overweight thread ?

Yeah, some people get all defensive when their lifestyle choices are questioned 🙂

donks
    Free Member

mmmmmmm……beeer..

TimCotic
    Free Member

Mmmm….visiting pubs via offroad trails and singletrack sounds good to me! PS. I'm overweight so this is the thread for Me…How ironic that I my latest bike's a Superlight! 😀

juan
    Free Member

Is tootall realman's evil brother?

Beagleboy

So on Thursday night there, I somehow got roped into taking part in a 'Hill climb' competition up the access road to the Wallace Monument in Stirling. Now me climbing a hill on my bike isn't a pretty sight at the best of times, but racing up one simply shouldn't be allowed!

What frightened me the most at the end of the climb though, wasn't the taste of blood coming up from my lungs, or the rib cracking thud of my heart. No, it was the fact that I was the only one using whisky as a recovery drink! Everyone else there, and they were pretty much all skinny, fit looking roadie types, were drinking energy potions, or water.

Thankfully, a likeminded soul pulled on his mtb (says it all really) and we shared some of Ilay's finest whilst the purple haze slowly faded from our eyes. However it was a nervous few minutes for me as I sat around thinking, "What's wrong with these people?"

B. 😆

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

I'm a skinny cyclist – but not going to get defensive, because I love beer 😛 I get the best of both Worlds, can haul my skinny ar$e up the hills without too much effort, and usually get to the bar before the overweight chaps on their clown bikes 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

I am a skinny, competitive cyclist without talent. I need the fat biffers to make me look good. 😆

TimCotic
    Free Member

Ouch, Steve! ….the truth is hurting me (just like those hills) 😛

cynic-al
    Free Member

ha ha ha you fat unfit ****s!

got to some way to feel good about yourselves eh?

desperate and sad.

lock
    Free Member

fat people make me laugh 😆

TooTall
    Free Member

I don't believe I said anything about fitness or fatness. I mentioned the skinny beer-haters who took themselves too seriously – nobody else. I didn't even mention riding ability, resting heart rate, height, wheel size, pace or cake. Just the people who get the hump when someone else has a less-than-pure attitude to riding a bicycle.

ton

fat beer loving athletes at play

grtdkad

Ale, curry and the joy of testing components to their limit in the hills…

…with a 10:1 weight differential (me : my Whyte)

Gary_M
    Free Member

take themselves rather too seriously at times.

Oh the irony.

I like beer, I like cycling both on road and off. I don't mind a beer when I'm riding off road but stopping for a beer on a road ride is just stupid for several reasons.

MrSmith
    Free Member

some people are different than you.
    you shouldn't take it personally.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

You can all drink what you like, but beer makes me fat and slow so as much as I like it I only have it a few times a year.

I prefer being good at bikes to beer by quite a long way, is that a crime?

cynic-al
    Free Member

you hate folk that have a different attitude to you to riding. Seriously?

MrSmith
    Free Member

you talk about "exclusive" and "inclusive" but your attitude is full of hate towards others.

maybe you should have a beer and try to relax. (just the one, don't want to overdo things)

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Al- me? I just hate things that are wrong. Not different. Different I can accept, wrong I can't.

cynic-al
    Free Member

not you Luke, but can't you accept that your "wrong" may be someone else's "right"?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

No. This is the internet. There's always someone more right than someone else, and the someone is me 😡

mudmonster
    Free Member

No matter how much beer I drink or cake I eat I can't seem to put on weight. Always stayed at 9 1/2 stone. Maybe I should cycle less.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I like fat people. They make me (perfectly formed, toned, and buff) look good! 😀

And I get to have a rest and a ciggie at the tops of hills waiting for them.

TooTall
    Free Member

you talk about "exclusive" and "inclusive" but your attitude is full of hate towards others.

No hate there at all. Just a thread with a different view to others expressed recently. You appear to have quite a serious view of my preferences expressed – are you hating yourself for not burning calories right now?

vdubber67
    Free Member

hard-faced overly-competitive people who only see one aspect of riding a bike and take themselves rather too seriously at times.

You'll be claiming that cycling is about fun next!

MrSmith
    Free Member

you start your post with

Miserable malnourished runts the lot of them.

if that's not laying your cards on the table and hating "miserable malnourished runts" then i don't know what is.
    my thread was an open question that people can either answer with their ideas and theories or take as a personal attack, only a fool would do the latter.

those capable of healthy discourse have contributed to the thread those who have failed to grasp the topic have got their knickers in a twist.

You appear to have quite a serious view of my preferences expressed – are you hating yourself for not burning calories right now?

i couln't give a toss about your preferences they don't impinge on me in any way.
    hating myself for not burning calories right now? well i'm metabolising a couple of croissants and a bacon sarni and will be burning some calories on the bike in about an hour, can't say there's any hate involved there.

No hate there at all

really? the easygoing likable persona was really coming through.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

S'just bitterness. The angry spittings of someone who's frustrated by their own lack of performance, and the fact they can't see their own willy without a mirror. 🙂

None of the 'XC Whippets' I've ever met have been anywhere near 'malnourished'. Quite the opposite really. As for miserable; I went for a ride a while ago led by Njee20 off here. Really nice friendly bloke, seemed very happy and was enjoying himself a lot. So, a 'happy, perfectly nourished healthy individual' then.

mangatank
    Free Member

God almighty. I'm in the wrong end of town these days. This is depressing. 😥

iamsporticus
    Free Member

1/10 for the rant fatty

Who ate all the pies??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Beer-hating skinny cyclists’ is closed to new replies.