• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Beer appreciation: Brew Dog 5 a.m. Saint
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

First time I’ve tried it, and it’s flipping brilliant.
    Was on offer in Sainsburys – 25% off.
    I might have a new favourite, wish I’d bought more!

Next bottle will be Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Yum 😀

Cougar

Not had that one, but I’ve not yet found a Brew Dog brew that I got on with. I’ll keep an eye out for it, thanks for the heads-up.

twohats
    Free Member

Ocean, Göteborgs Porter is ticking all the boxes here at the moment.

funkynick

I know it’s rather unlikely, but if you ever see any beer by the Nutbrook Brewery give it a go, it’s very nice indeed…

I’m currently finishing off a 4-pint jug of their Mongrel which I bought from them earlier today.

freddyg
    Free Member

Sierra Navada is very nice, I haven’t tried that Brew dog though. I’ll look it up next time I’m in Sainsburys.

I love beer me.

Stu_N

I had a bottle of Riptide Imperial Stout last night that was most delightful.

I like their Trashy Blonde, 77 lager and Punk IPA best though. Look forward to having a pop at Tactical Nuclear Penguin and Sink The Bismark when the opporchancity presents itself.

Cougar

Really?

I thought Punk was a disgrace of an IPA, it’s terrible. Still, I guess it’d be dull if we were all the same.

Stu_N

It’s not a classic IPA for sure, but as a light hoppy ale I like it.

The new recipe for Punk isn’t entirely to my liking, preferred the old one, but as long as they don’t **** with Trashy Blonde I don’t mind.

twohats
    Free Member

Good to have a bit of variation when it comes to IPAs. It’d be a bit dull if they were all the same…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Proper IPAs are meant to be quite high in alcohol, around 7-8%, though. And there’s an awful lot of stuff that’s called IPA, but is only around 4%. Not proper IPA.

Cougar

Twohats > touché!

Elfin > I’m well aware of why / what an IPA is. Arguably, this is evolution.

DrJ

+1 for Trashy Blonde

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Beer appreciation: Brew Dog 5 a.m. Saint’ is closed to new replies.