• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Mac.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Beeping Fridge Freezer – Can anyone help?!
  • Mac
    Free Member

Hi All,

Can anyone help us work out whats wrong with Miele Fridge Freezer (Kfn8762sded) that keeps randomly beeping and its driving us crazy.

Since last week its randomly started beeping at us (three beeps in a row). When we open the fridge door the freezer temperature indicator is flashing a number (no error message, just the freezer temp). It appears the freezer temperature is too high at -4 degrees Celsius hence the beeping.

We then press the alarm button to turn off the beeping however, this keeps randomly occurring any time during the day or night.

However, I put a manual thermometer in the freezer compartment and when it starts beeping the temperature in the freezer itself is still -18 degrees which makes me think that the thermostat is the problem?

Does anyone have experience of this problem and know what the root cause is? I don’t want to replace the themorstat in the freezer only to find that another component is at fault.

This is the part that I think I need to replace.

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/53ml08-temperature-sensor-repair-kit

Fridge looks like this…

cranberry
    Free Member

Miele would probably know what you need to do in this case.

Cougar

I’m no expert, but I would have thought that a failed thermostat would result in the freezer actually being the wrong temperature; incorrect reading sounds more like a thermistor (ie, sensor) error.

Either that or your pocket thermometer is lying. Is the door making a good seal?

Mac
    Free Member

@cranberry – I’m sure they would but as its so expensive to get them out I thought I’d see if its possible to fix myself. When I call them for advice they simply want to send out a service representative…

@Cougar – I think you’re right. In my mind, the thermostat simply allows a current to flow if it is not cold enough, allowing the motor to start and the temperature to go down. When its at -18 degrees, it stops the current flowing and the motor to stop. Assuming the thermometer in the freezer isn’t wrong then would it make more sense if the circuit board that is taking the reading from the thermostat has a fault?

Thanks for the replies

mav12
    Free Member

have you asked the question on the uk whitegoods forum uk whitegoods forum

Rubber_Buccaneer

My fridge freezer beeps if the fridge door is left open. It also beeps if it thinks the door is open because the switch (wedge shaped thing at the top) has worn. In my case this was solved by sticking a bit of tape on it to bulk it up a bit.

cranberry
    Free Member

When I call them for advice they simply want to send out a service representative…

Well that is bad customer service from them, even if it is financially beneficial – I take it the freezer is out of warranty ?

Mac
    Free Member

@cranberry – Yeah we bought it off Gumtree so it must be around 6 years old and out of warranty.

@rubber_buccaneer – Yeah ours does the same however, we’ve checked and its not the switch/the door being left open. The beeping only happens when the freezer temperature is showing too high (-4), even though the temperature is actually OK (-18)

@mav12 – There are other forums?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Beeping Fridge Freezer – Can anyone help?!’ is closed to new replies.